Biden wins most Super Tuesday states; Sanders takes California

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/04/biden-wins-most-super-tuesday.html

4 Likes

Primaries are not winner-take all. It is misleading to report on them as one candidate or another “winning” a given state.

The press does this routinely, and it remains lazy reporting.

25 Likes

You do know that @beschizza and BoingBoing are not members of the Associated Press, they are not reporters or a news outlet; as such they are not bound reporting standards…right?

1 Like

If someone hands me a turd, my objection does not imply that they’re the one that shat it out.

32 Likes

I’d guess most of us understand what Rob is reporting.

2 Likes

hot take: Warren and Bloomberg are both going to drop out this month.

2 Likes

It’s a fair enough complaint and I’ll update with a delegate count.

40 Likes

Only if Warren’s funding completely dries up or another candidate makes it worth her while to stop. Her campaign stated she’s running all the way up through the convention, hoping it’s contested.

Bloomberg? I think he said he’ll spend at least a billion. But i think he’ll cut his losses.

5 Likes

I was really bummed to see Warren do so poorly. If I were party dictator and could choose one candidate out of the remaining, I would probably choose her.

It’s really starting to look like it’s going to be Biden and he’s winning more on some vague notion of electability than policy proposals.

34 Likes

Same as it ever was.

I suspect more than ever that the vast majority of voters know next to nothing about the candidates’ policies, let alone their political pasts, or who funds which candidates (aside, on that last one, from Bloomberg…maybe) .

15 Likes

What’s that, you can’t just buy the presidency?

Hey Bloomberg, take that other $500M you were planning to spend and bribe Trump to resign. You know Trump would do it.

33 Likes

I like your thinking but that would be bribing evil to stop being evil.

I’d rather kick evil in the balls tell him to get the fuck out of the White House.

In fact I think they should make that an actual point when whoever wins over Trump goes on stage they should specifically say Donald Trump get the fuck out of my White House

12 Likes

I don’t genuinely think Trump would do it because power an adulation probably mean more to them than money. But if Trump did resign for money I think it would be more than paying evil to stop being evil. It would be a very hard-to-ignore testament to the fact that Trump the kleptocrat was really a kleptocrat and that people like that shouldn’t be in power.

I mean, really, what is Hannity going to say to defend that?

12 Likes

For his $500m+ investment, billionaire Mike Bloomberg won a single race – American Samoa

So, about $9k per American Samoan. I suspect they would have preferred the cash.

22 Likes

OK fine, it looks like it’s Biden. Whatever. Can we just have the general election already?

2 Likes

Well, TIL that US territories can vote in presidential primaries even though they can’t vote in the general election. The whole system is even weirder than I previously realized.

13 Likes

I don’t doubt he’ll come up with something, the nasty little sycophant.

10 Likes

From the rest of the world - Please USA, get your elections over with, we’re sick about hearing about it and your orange dictator too.

19 Likes

d340db8be957631cbb238fb4e4e10155

3 Likes

Just great. Now we’re gonna have to listen to more stories like the Battle of Corn Pop.

14 Likes