2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

And replace him with an equally old, equally white, equally male ‘alternative’.

14 Likes

Biden is apparently exciting young Florida voters.

1 Like

Did you notice the source?

2 Likes

I’m not ecstatic about having a limp after my cancer gets cured - but I am ecstatic about the cancer getting cured.

I’ll raise a glass when that happens - several.

14 Likes

Liked, but I think “remission” is the better phrase here.

Unless very deliberate measures are taken for ongoing treatment, said cancer is liable to come roaring back. Trump is just one tumor. There are plenty of other cells waiting for a chance to metastasize.

12 Likes

Fistbump! I just used the limping, but at least able to walk, analogy to my daughter a half hour ago!

(Great minds think alike; fools seldom differ.)

10 Likes

And to continue the analogy, when cancer comes back, it’s much harder (and often impossible) to treat at that point.

10 Likes

Here’s to hoping they keep up the spending through november

5 Likes

No, I was sent there from an article in the Guardian. Is stpetepolls especially bad?

I tend to go by the ratings on fivethirtyeight.com, where they get a C+. My real problem is the site you linked, which commissioned the poll, is part of Americans For Prosperity, one of the main arms of the Koch brothers.

4 Likes
11 Likes

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/clarknt67/status/1235757707271065601?s=21

10 Likes

So legitimate but not super accurate. I don’t care who pays their wages.

1 Like

Sorry - valid concerns about some Sanders supporters are valid concerns. Valid concerns about these persons responses are also valid concerns.

One doesn’t excuse the other.

6 Likes

The Gray Lady needs hospice care.

8 Likes

As I said in another thread:

1. Much (but not all) of what is characterised by bluecheck media figures and DNC operatives as “abuse” is actually working class people accurately calling them out on their dishonesty and corruption. Criticism ≠ abuse.

2. The centrists on Twitter have been providing an absolute firehose of racist/sexist/classist abuse for years. Receipts available if required.

3. Are some of the millions of people who support Bernie obnoxious arseholes? Of course. It’s a statistical inevitability.

But the point here is not the behaviour of anonymous douchebags on Twitter. The point is the systematic and deliberate one-sided slanting of the way in which this issue is presented in the corporate media.

All candidates have obnoxious supporters. Only one candidate is constantly attacked for it.

2 Likes

No - it’s not the media or anonymous douchebags on Twitter who are raising these concerns- it’s women, people of color and trans folks right here.

Stop gaslighting us if you want our votes.

11 Likes
12 Likes

Anyone who thinks that Biden has a snowflake’s chance in hell of defeating Trump in the general election.

1 Like