2020 Election Thread (formerly: 2020 Presidential Candidates Thread) (Part 1)

With MI just now being called for Biden, it’s now very highly likely that he will win. Nothing’s certain, but I’m breathing a lot easier than I was just a few hours ago.

If this all plays out like I’m hoping it will, us white people owe a serious debt of gratitude to the Black and brown people that saved our country in this election.

7 Likes

Michigan just called for Biden!

12 Likes

Not true! If it actually required 5,000 (probably immigrant) sacrificed children to get the recount done he’d really care about rounding them up. Get his best men in ICE on the case.

10 Likes

Not really surprising considering their own father doesn’t care about his children either.

11 Likes
10 Likes

FYI - your pics don’t seem to be showing for me. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I’m sure he’ll find some way to grift a cut of the repair (no-bid) contract to a crony.

So do any of Trump’s efforts in various courts look at all workable?

6 Likes

A small victory, but King County in Washington (where Seattle is located and where I live) had several charter amendments on the ballot to begin to reform policing including:

• Giving the county law enforcement oversight office subpoena power
  • Making sheriff positions appointment based rather than elected
  • County executive and council is given bargaining power and defines the duties of the sheriff

All passed with overwhelming majorities.

Also an amendment to change any reference to “citizen” in the county’s charter to “public”, “member of the public”, or “resident” passed with a huge majority.

Good job, King County.

18 Likes

I’m seeing them fine. It’s not us, it’s you! :grin:

11 Likes

Probably because I’m on my phone?

13 Likes

I’m using my phone and still seeing everything.

7 Likes

Maybe they couldn’t grift enough money from their supporters to fund these?

15 Likes

But CNN is still saying they filed suit in Michigan to stop the count there…

9 Likes

“Lock him up!”

14 Likes
16 Likes

Why doesn’t he just “claim” NY and CA while he’s at it?

18 Likes

Is it like a shotgun thing? If so, I hereby claim Alaska.

14 Likes

I just had fun hearing that Tweet in Stephen Colbert’s imitating-Trump voice. :upside_down_face:

13 Likes

https://www.eschatonblog.com/2020/11/here-comes-trouble.html?m=1

“ Eric Trump, Lara Trump, Rudy Giuliani, Pam Bondi and Corey Lewandowski are heading to Philly to stamp their feet outside the convention center where the votes are being counted.”

I don’t want to my tax dollars spent for how much it would cost to protect them.

12 Likes