2020 Uprising: Enough is Enough

Oh, trust me. Within seconds.

9 Likes

OMG that picture of Mitch McTurtle:

10 Likes

I love that picture upthread of the little girl in front of the monument in Birmingham, because isn’t a huge part of this about kids getting a better chance?

12 Likes

That’s so inspiring. It’s worth noting there’s now an 8’ fence blocking off all of Lafayette Park. I’m just waiting for them to push it down.

I agree! That’s some powerful imagery. Children aren’t as dumb as people think they are – and they deserve to see, understand, and experience what’s going on right now. I’m not on board with this fake concern and outrage about people bringing children to these things.

10 Likes

Just maybe not the actual front line, eh? :wink:

6 Likes

Porches are the front line these days.

15 Likes

SIGH

18 Likes

Yeah, that… :confused:

8 Likes

Smells Like Mean Spirits.

19 Likes

That’s brilliant; good on them!

19 Likes

Clue for the confused non-Twitterers: the “this you?” thing involves celebrities and corporations posting vacuous/performative antiracism tweets, which are then responded to by huge numbers of people posting examples of their prior racist actions with the caption “this you?”. It’s quite fun. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

For example:

https://twitter.com/acltearjerker/status/1267858798527553537?s=21

14 Likes

Well, Nirvana had three band members and the remaining talented member is doing alright:

12 Likes

Nirvana doesn’t even exist, it died with Kurt Cobain; that rotting corpse that’s left behind can go fuck itself.

ETA:

And Rock on Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters!

16 Likes

9 Likes
13 Likes

:smiley_cat: & :frowning_woman: today…

http://catandgirl.com/the-joke-at-the-end-of-this-comic/

18 Likes
22 Likes

These are, of course, not new to Dr @Mindysan33, but for the general audience:

“While colonization, with its techniques and its political and juridical weapons, obviously transported European models to other continents, it also had a considerable boomerang effect on the mechanisms of power in the West, and on the apparatuses, institutions and techniques of power. A whole series of colonial models was brought back to the West, and the result was that the West could practice something resembling colonization, or an internal colonialism on itself”.

— Michel Foucalt

“Yes, it would be worthwhile to study clinically, in detail, the steps taken by Hitler and Hitlerism and to reveal to the very distinguished, very humanistic, very Christian bourgeois of the twentieth century that without his being aware of it, he has a Hitler inside him, that Hitler inhabits him, that Hitler is his demon, that if he rails against him, he is being inconsistent and that, at bottom, what he cannot forgive Hitler for is not crime in itself, the crime against man, it is not the humiliation of man as such, it is the crime against the white man, the humiliation of the white man, and the fact that he applied to Europe colonialist procedures which until then had been reserved exclusively for the Arabs of Algeria, the coolies of India, and the blacks of Africa.”

― Aimé Césaire, Discourse on Colonialism

“White people were, and are, astounded by the holocaust in Germany. They did not know that they could act that way. But I very much doubt whether black people were astounded”

—James Baldwin, Letter From a Region in my Mind

11 Likes
11 Likes

Yeah, Dorothy knows her shit! All good stuff! thanks!

7 Likes