2020 Uprising: Enough is Enough

13 Likes
9 Likes
4 Likes

Make sure as many military people see this as you can manage

23 Likes
10 Likes
15 Likes

Were I to guess, I would say the OP is a troll, but people genuinely believe this narrative. It makes no sense if you take two seconds to think about it, but when you have been trained not to…

And yes, there are RW agitators who want to see Black people blamed for being violent “thugs”. Who want to kick off a race war, but they’re local. They’re people like the OP (if the OP isn’t a genuine dupe) trying to paint it as “us versus them” when there is no “them”.

It’s also a measurement of who they (incl. cops) can control. If you’ll believe something this patently ridiculous, you’ll do anything we tell you.

12 Likes

Randal Munroe (xkcd.com) has changed the banner on his webcomic.

I reads very simply “Black Lives Matter” and there is a link pointing to https://www.joincampaignzero.org/

13 Likes

Wait: this just in.

Apparently there are agitators being bussed in to some districts.

22 Likes

@0:44 "Wow that’s Uncle Tom the [bleep]

This video is so bad the racial slur isn’t even an afterthought.

4 Likes

22 Likes
8 Likes

I keep wondering that myself. Why doesn’t Pence invoke the 25th amendment and take the reins? Kompromat?

3 Likes

Diverse crowd there at that LI gun shop! Some of the shoppers have facial hair, some don’t; some guys are wearing loafers, some sneakers; some in short sleeves and some in long. All arming themselves to go stand in solidarity with POC protesting…

Do I really have to?? /s

16 Likes

8 Likes

Not that we really need more nightmare fuel, but this is worth a read if you want to give thought to what we need to prepare for.

10 Likes
10 Likes

At Marble Arch, the remaining fifty or so protestors gathered to hear the names of people murdered by the police read out. We could barely hear what was being said because there was a police helicopter hovering overhead and perhaps a hundred police officers gathered around surrounding the socially distanced protesters for Black Lives Matter. None of the police officers were observing social distancing, and only one officer was wearing a mask. When asked about it he said that they’d really like to but they simply don’t have it.

During the one-minute silence after the names of the people murdered by the Metropolitan police were read out, two groups of police officers were observed chatting and planning their next move. The one-minute silence hadn’t even ended and a column of about thirty police officers marched through the middle of the assembled people and arrested a woman of colour who had been quite vocal throughout the protest, including being very positive and supporting, also saying very well that she knew people would be arrested whilst we assembled on the other end. We followed to the best we could to try and ascertain which police station this person was being taken, and we were told that because she was an adult we were not to be informed. This was the moment when members of the crowd became upset that there had been an arrest, and that we had not been allowed to disperse without there being an arrest.

I do question what would have happened if the police had not been there. Probably we would have marched, assembled, said what we wanted to say, and then left. I confess, I was angry with the police and I did express that to them, that I thought they did not need to make any sort of arrest and certainly, they did not need to target that particular person if so, but they chose that very strategically.

As I was leaving the area I was repeatedly pushed and bullied by the police, my arm was eventually twisted behind my back until I was lifted by 5 police officers and slammed into the pavement and then knelt on, it was only when I began to chant “I can’t breathe” did they started to relax. I was then put into the back of the van with my arms in reverse stack handcuffs and left there for an hour despite repeatedly explaining how much pain I was in.

British cops are bastards too.

24 Likes

fuck

16 Likes
16 Likes