2020 Uprising: Enough is Enough

Unless these small town folks already had weapons, I’m guessing this is another phase of the “Increase Profits by Encouraging Idiots to Buy Something” plan. In this case, the something is probably guns and T-shirts (with proceeds going to a 2020 campaign fund).

9 Likes

Gang Seeks Retribution for Having It’s Crimes Exposed.

18 Likes

And here is the heart of the problem

If you don’t (or won’t, much more likely) see it, you can’t fix it.

20 Likes

A note on the difference between ableist language and less harmful regular expressions:

9 Likes

That is a horrible story. I think firefighters need to wear body cams to collect this bullshit, too. I’ve seen police harassing EMTs and firefighters many other times. The police are out of control. Totally out of control.

8 Likes

Humans are notably bad at attribution.

https://twitter.com/mcash/status/1269226692805120000

15 Likes
12 Likes

Check out Barr’s body language when he was pushed on the topic of how bad these optics looked

6 Likes

Don’t take your own phone to a protest.

And this shit needs to stop, yesterday.

15 Likes

gaslighting

12 Likes

Note that ABC News repeated the story from Seattle PD that protesters injured police with IEDs verbatim with no fact-checking, even though the pictures clearly show candles…

11 Likes

Oh, but it gets worse

MARGARET BRENNAN: Well this is what I’m asking you. Did you know when you gave the green light for these actions to be taken that the president was going to be going to that very same area for a photo op?

BARR: I gave the green light at two o’clock. Obviously, I didn’t know that the president was going to be speaking later that day.

MARGARET BRENNAN: You had no idea?

BARR: No. No, I did not.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Do you see–

BARR: The go ahead was given at two o’clock. And to do it as soon as we were able to do it, to move the perimeter from- from H Street to I Street.

MARGARET BRENNAN: We’re both Catholic. I know you’re observant. You’re a devout Catholic. Archbishop Gregory of Washington condemned what happened by gassing peaceful protesters.

BARR: There- there was no gas.

13 Likes

Was he blinking in Morse code? :wink:

3 Likes

And he said that minutes after Margaret Brennan showed him a video including this:
gasgaslightinglighting
It was meta-gaslighting: gaslighting about literally gas lighting.

13 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t3:

18 Likes

WTF?
Everybody, meet Kitzia, the new grumpy cat.

15 Likes

Priti Patel is one of the kapos and Judas goats we all need to watch out for. Thankfully she is very obvious compared to some other people.

12 Likes

Right?
I just heard her on the radio and was momentarily surprised at what she said - and then remembered she’s always like that.
Tory Home Secretary - always taking the tree out of country.

16 Likes

To be fair it’s not like the Labour Home Secretarys have been any better. Every Home Secretary in my lifetime has been an arsehole, it’s like it is part of the job requirements

Yes, you have your PPE degree from Oxbridge, but do you think that Nineteen Eighty-four is a guidebook for how Britain should be run?

13 Likes