2020 Uprising: Enough is Enough

Tom’s response:

23 Likes

Love the fan responses too, i.e. his famous track “Give the Power Back” or the refrain from “Killing in the Name” that goes "and now I’ll do what they told me…"

8 Likes

Have you looked into the writing on the subject? There are many alternatives to incarceration.

http://criticalresistance.org/

Which, to be clear, is a concept that pervades the entire US prison system, not just the small minority that are privately owned.

And it isn’t just about enslaved labor within prisons; it’s also about the slaves that are rented out, and the corporations that profit from ancillary services to the prison-industrial complex.

With all of this, it’s worth digging into the references and reading the original sources [1]. Wiki only skims the surface.

[1] For example:

https://www.feministes-radicales.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Angela-Davis-Are_Prisons_Obsolete.pdf

13 Likes
5 Likes

Baby-eating dingo tapped to write speech about keeping our children safe:

11 Likes
7 Likes

Yes, and while I’m not swayed toward the complete abolition of incarceration, I am very much in agreement that most people who are in jail shouldn’t be (as well in agreement with many of the other points you’ve raised). The goal of imprisonment in the US is repeat customers, not rehabilitation.

12 Likes

CrossFit founder and CEO does an extended racism full of conspiracy theories and white nonsense; company pushes him into resigning and calls what he said “a mistake”.

9 Likes

Does this guy think that the lyrics from Bulls on Parade

Rally round the family
With a pocket full of shells

Refer to a nice day at the beach?

12 Likes

For me, the most radicalizing part of the whole The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo series was what Swedish prisons were described as being like. Pretty much, staying at a Motel 6 and not being able to leave for a while.

10 Likes

I remember Michael Moore visiting a Norwegian maximum security prison in Who to Invade Next and it seemed pretty much like this.

7 Likes

I have to imagine he’s just a little bit terrified of what’s going to come out because of this:

11 Likes

The right wing media is already frothing at the mouth over this, calling it an ISIS-inspired anitfa communist occupation.

17 Likes

The companies that provide imate telephone service usually pay the jails money, instead of the other way around.
Also usually no caps on how much they can extort from familes.

9 Likes
17 Likes

Come on, you guys, no need to fight each other anymore about how to move forward. Jared is going to totally take care of the problem. Peace in the Middle East, COVID-19, and now this. We can chill out and relax. /s

16 Likes

Thread:

22 Likes
12 Likes

10 Likes

Somebody opened a time portal to 1999

6 Likes