2021 conspiracy theory chart

there’s never been a war over whether the idea of global warming can exist, but wars over whether certain groups of people can exist? history is full enough already

when you can convince people to marginalize a group of people based on some intrinsic human trait, you can convince them to do pretty much anything.

it is by far the more dangerous mind set

4 Likes

She’s not saying Iran-Contra wasn’t a real scandal. I think she’s saying the idea that it happened without Reagan’s approval/involvement is a “we have questions” situation.

There’s a bunch of stuff on the chart like that, she could stand to rework some of it. Especially way the “we have questions” section is presented. Things so unknowable that an official or expert consensus might reasonably be described as a conspiracy theory, even in the presence of competing conspiracy theories that are truly outrageous and nutty.

8 Likes

It’s a nicely designed infographic - but I was expecting/looking forward to notes thumb tacked to a bulletin board connected with string…

2 Likes

I feel like fluoridated water theories are primed for a comeback.

1 Like

This is what happens when you add too much flouride to bath water:

7 Likes

I can confirm that the TERs in the UK are going down that route.

Apparently I am part of a group who are secretly controlling the government and media, despite all the evidence to the contrary, and we are all being funded by George Soros. Anyone who tries to point out the antisemitism of these claims will be attacked for trying to “cancel” the person making them, and will end up with some burned-out celebrity telling them how awful they are.

“Trans Agenda” is rightly at the top of the chart, past the antisemitic point of no return

8 Likes

I think you need to add some bath water to your fluoride.

That is just fluoride, right?

5 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

7 Likes

It leads to things like Batman: Odyssey?

1 Like

Oh, not familiar. Though I do know Neal Adams on his website has videos he has created that explains the current shape and position of the continents is from a solid ball of rock that expanded, and the skin “split”, forming the oceans. So if you took a globe, cut out shapes for all the continents, and then put them on a smaller ball, they would create a new, solid sphere.

He didn’t invent it, it was a theory bumping around before plate tectonics became solidified.

4 Likes

I see what you did there.

5 Likes

You believe in oceans?

3 Likes

The hollow earth is one of the all time greats. That’s where the nazis went after WWII, before they built their Moon base.

2 Likes

Neal Adams is an Expanding Earth nutcase, which is a different, and I think even rarer, sort of crackpottery. The few times I encountered EE people online, I always asked them to explain where all the matter is coming from for Earth’s expansion. None of them had an even remotely coherent answer for that.

Having questions about Iran Contra is like quibbling about what parts of evil are the true evil. Whether or not Reagan was aware of Iran Contra or aware of his surroundings and could remember his name and wasn’t pissing himself at that specific point in time is meaningless in the grand scheme of evil things.

3 Likes

Yeah, even though the animation he created is pretty neat, it falls apart when you think about “where did the extra mass come from to expand it?” I did chat with him very briefly at a convention about it, saying that I like looking into “things like that”.

Well, Sequoia are genuinely giant trees, and most of them, by human standards, are pretty bloody ancient!
Then there’s the mention of Area 51, which is real, and there are plenty of photos to show it, and it’s even on maps.
Alien autopsies at Area 51, on the other hand…
It’s Groom Lake, not that far, as your average UFO flies, from Edwards Airforce Base, for those not familiar with the vast test ranges covering that area.

But not as giant as Pando.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.