2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 1)

LOL. “They even have flags.”

10 Likes
11 Likes

Hmmm. I thought it would work, and it did!

12 Likes

From the link…

foreign countries they must start paying for gas in Russian roubles or it will halt supplies.

I vaguely recall that the Berlin Airlift emerged over a demand from East Germany that the East German Mark be the only currency used in Berlin (east or west).

10 Likes
16 Likes

Sure it wasn’t Santas?

10 Likes

The question is, could anything have been done from the outside? In the end, just as with Putin and his people now, the burden lay with the German people to do something between the wars to stop the rise of fascism. And while there were many attempts it wasn’t enough.

7 Likes

Also known as defeatism.

16 Likes
11 Likes
14 Likes

It would appear that the ruble has more or less recovered to where it was before the war.

8 Likes

Russia24 is now reporting that a battalion of SATANISTS from USA have entered Ukraine :clown_face:
This guy actually read this this words out loud. How did he not laugh??

Because he is a reincarnation of Chris Morris and Russian news really is now The Day Today or Brass Eye?

7 Likes

President Putin demands roubles for gas supplies, as Russian troops redeploy around Ukraine.

He backed down.

The decree Putin signed on Thursday authorises the state-controlled Gazprombank to open foreign currency and rouble accounts for gas purchases. European buyers would pay in foreign currency and then authorise Gazprombank to make the conversion into roubles, which would then be used to formally purchase the gas.

The convoluted scheme could allow the Kremlin to save face in its standoff with European governments while averting a potential gas shutoff to Europe over Putin’s demands to receive payment in roubles.

16 Likes

Propaganda hurts families.

18 Likes

I’ve read that the Egyptian army is much like the Russian army, top-heavy with officers, with junior officers doing the work of sergeants and NCOs.

5 Likes

“Say nice thing or you get out of the window, yes?”

13 Likes

Russia might have whipped up the jingoism to a level that is now inconvenient for the government.

“The authorities have created a monster which is bigger than they expected and this monster hates the peace talks, so that the Kremlin’s bots have to calm this monster down,” Zekria said. “It is just scary to see how friends and family members demand to ‘cleanse’ Ukraine, win the war, otherwise all our soldiers have died for nothing, they say.”

15 Likes

Indeed! Not producing any actual Nazis from Ukraine is going to become a bit more than embarrassing, eventually. This cannot end well.

He badly needs something permanent in the east, to save face. I’m not afraid to say he must be denied it and the Russian public must learn that “YES, your sons/brothers/fathers DID all die for nothing.”

13 Likes
17 Likes

Who says he won’t? As far as many Russians are concerned, he already has.

I believe the Ukrainians are guilty and caused the suffering of everyone in our basement. They shot at civilians, killed people at night, and Russia saved us. If it was not for Russia, the Ukrainians would have come down and shot all of us.

Ukrainians believe that they’ve been rescued from Nazis.

That they’re one thousand and twelve percent wrong about that doesn’t matter in a Stage 4 Propaganda nation. The Russians will believe whatever they’re told to believe, or else they’d better be really fucking convincing when they pretend to.

In Moscow, there are five lights.

16 Likes