Russia invades Ukraine

Originally published at: Russia invades Ukraine | Boing Boing

20 Likes

Of course he is. I assume that he and Tucker are exchanging hand jobs under the desk

44 Likes
32 Likes

Seems like things could go any which way at this point. None of them good, especially for those just killed, and their families and such. :disappointed:

42 Likes

An administrative note to all: if tr0lls arrive here, please do not engage them. Flag appropriately and/or wait for the Leaders to move attempted de-rails that can’t be fairly flagged to the prepared catch-all-topics where they will be dealt with and where you can reply to them to your heart’s content. Let’s keep this topic focused on facts and good-faith debate as the gravity of the situation obliges us to.

Also, @beschizza, I would respectfully suggest you do not place this FPP in the BB social media feeds. A post like this will attract swarms of malicious actors from those cesspools. That’s traffic we don’t need here.

78 Likes

Putin is a thief, and is pushing further in all sorts of directions, in “throw it all at the wall and see what sticks”.
There are anti-Russian forces in Ukraine who need to be suppressed -
There are pro-Russian forces who need help -
Ukraine has the wrong sort of government, and anyway
that land has always been ours.
Oh, and there’s Russian oil under there that needs to be protected.

War is nothing but armed robbery writ large. This shows never, ever, give up nukes. In 1994 Ukraine abandoned its 4,000+ warhead nuclear arsenal, #3 in the world, in return for security guarantees issued by the US, UK, France, and China. We promised that if anyone attacks Ukraine, the US would be among countries who will be helping. North Korea and Iran, both too damn close to the Russian Empire, will never give up theirs, now.
Fake Kremlin news: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/21/dumb-and-lazy-the-flawed-films-of-ukrainian-attacks-made-by-russias-fake-factory
More desinformatzya: Kremlin says a dramatic Security Council meeting on Ukraine was recorded in advance, after people realized a minister's watch showed the wrong time
Russian state TV is now following up on Putin’s speech with a graphic claiming territorial “gifts” to Ukraine from Russian Czars, Stalin, Lenin and Khrushchev. The yellow bit in the middle is labeled “Ukraine.” https://twitter.com/antontroian/status/1496426736925483012
And, more bad agitprop revealed: This vid clip is airing on... - Deborah Teramis Christian | Facebook

29 Likes

tl;dr?

47 Likes
29 Likes
19 Likes

75 Likes

Because they are all fascists

71 Likes

The world did not step in in Chechnya, Georgia, the Crimean Peninsula (Ukraine, practice version). The world isn’t going to step in here, and Putin knows it. He spewed the same BS trail of lies each time and faced no actual repercussions. Ukraine is not part of NATO, they aren’t part of the EU. Sure, we sold them a lot of weapons, er, I mean “lethal aid.” And we’ll sanction those darn Russian leaders, so that they can’t go on vacation to as many nice places. But in the end, Russia will take another step toward rebuilding the USSR. Now, I’m not sure that we Could stop them (we being US and Europe), but I don’t see anyone actually doing anything of substance. I am sad today, especially for the Ukrainians.

eta - but at least Putin waited until after the Olympics. If he started the war during the Olympics, it might have looked bad to the US Republicans, the most steadfast defenders of Russia.

29 Likes
8 Likes

I just wanted to say that I understand feeling like that and feel it myself a lot. I don’t know what to do or say about it other than that I understand it and hope that against the evidence of the past we, our leaders, and the world can do better this time.

26 Likes
21 Likes

The GOP bowing down to the new Hitler. Will that cost them?

FY Rupert Murdoch for pumping poison into our discourse 24/7.

31 Likes
15 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

43 Likes

“De voksne kan også være bange……”
:sleepy:

5 Likes

Google says this is Scandinavian for “I hope you’ve got your shittin’ pants on …”

13 Likes