2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 1)

Awesome show. Thanks again, @GagHalfrunt , for the fortuitous article-sharing!

26 Likes
16 Likes

Fog of war…

15 Likes

To show the Russians that we can? The same reason since Biden has been releasing classified information since the start of the war.

11 Likes
16 Likes

A substantial number of the Soviet Hero Cities are in Ukraine

13 Likes
15 Likes

This is something for the history books, and may come to pass to be fuel for a heated political discourse.

TL;DR: Kohl and Genscher actively lobbied against independence of Soviet republics, including Ukraine, and only changed course belatedly. In regard to the eastward expansion of the NATO, historical evidence shows that, yes, Germany tried to push the point that the NATO would not include the former Soviet republics. And I read the piece like, yes, promises were made. But legally, Russia agreed in 1997 that the eastward expansion could take place…

11 Likes
17 Likes
15 Likes

I wonder if given the opportunity, many of them will defect/surrender?

This reminds me of a story from WWII where a Korean man was pressed into service by the Japanese, who was captured and pressed into service by the Russians, who was captured and pressed into service by the Germans, who was finally captured by the Americans and made a POW. Eventually he was released and remained in the US.

10 Likes

And thanks for your comment, made me check them out. I’m a Start Wearing Purple" fan now. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Check their faces at the end.

11 Likes

No joke. Putin’s war on Ukraine has proven Russia’s sloppiness. I wouldn’t be surprised if their stockpile shows one or two things missing.

11 Likes

Reminds me of the “technicals” rigged up and employed by third world insurgents… except for the armament.

File Under: "The Enemy of My Enemy…"

Criminal (ex???)-pro-Putin Ukrainian oligarch wants to buy his way out of US extradition. A full viewing of the vid tells me that this guy is providing minimum support, given his billions and various businesses.

South Korea? On the Ukraine thread?

(excerpt) Against the background of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, South Korea’s admission to the group seems to reflect a hardening resolve among U.S. allies in response to mounting threats from, in principle, Moscow and Beijing, which has backed Vladimir Putin’s adventurism.

12 Likes

The was in Ukraine has shocked us all. The collective support and people’s willing to help has increased, but at the same time many might wonder how they could help and show their solidarity for Ukrainian people. Sometimes even a small action can be enough.

Finnish Animation Guild wants to stand with Ukraine and send the message of peace to the world.

11 Likes

Great moments in Russian propaganda:

19 Likes
10 Likes
14 Likes
8 Likes