2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 2)

5 Likes

Re: SU-35 crash

It’s being reported that this is number 10 on the non-combat crash list since the invasion of Ukraine.

Here’s to a longer list!

7 Likes
12 Likes

I predict a merge of Z and MAGA iconography in the US.

ZMAGA

12 Likes

ZAnon is trending. Putie is secretly working with TFG to save us from satanic antifa anime.

10 Likes
8 Likes

Crowd sourcing defense.

eta:

Goes w/o say’n…

13 Likes

This war is becoming a testing ground for new technologies and tactics like, say the Franco-Prussian war in 1870/71. A glimpse of things to come.

18 Likes
11 Likes

I’ve been thinking Spanish civil war, but I admit to not being familiar with the Franco-Prussian war

6 Likes

Im testing Franco-Prussian technologies right now!

10 Likes

Can opener amirite?

via military-history

Canning as a method of food preservation had been invented during Napoleons time, but its use would come into its own in the wars of the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. This made it possible for armies to campaign year round; they were no longer restricted to fight while there was food and fodder available on the area to be fought over.

12 Likes

MAGATZ

Pronounced maggots, of course.

18 Likes

MAGAZM

What’s the extra M for, you ask? That’s just there to own the libs.

4 Likes
13 Likes

Let it SMO, let it SMO, let it SMO :notes:

2 Likes

I think the Spanish Civil War is more apt as the Germans tested new technology and techniques there before adopting them to the full Wehrmacht and applying them in 1939.

But really, all wars are like this. Korea introduced jet fighters and helicopters, Vietnam again changed how tech was used, Kuwait made armor king again, the occupation of Iraq changed how vehicles were armored, and so on.

13 Likes

And, in the meantime, militaries spend tens of billions of dollars on weapons that are just perfectly suited to fighting the previous war.

12 Likes

Finnish border authorities recorded more people heading to Russia than coming to Finland at the eastern border over the weekend, tabloid Iltalehti (IL) reports.

From Thursday to Saturday, about 700-800 Russians entered Finland via southeastern border crossings each day, IL writes. Meanwhile, there were more than 1,000 daily crossings to Russia during that same period, according to the Border Guard.

The situation may be due to Russian citizens who had previously arrived on temporary visas are now unable to renew their permits.

Finland began introducing visa restrictions in August before it suspended issuing tourist visas at the end of September, according to the paper.

7 Likes
6 Likes