2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 2)

12 Likes

Ron DeSantis says . . . .

d09fe567-e8cc-4bb4-b011-8990a01a6314_text

24 Likes
13 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes

Re: US drone

Several times before the collision the Su-27 fighter jets dumped fuel on the drone in a “reckless, environmentally unsound and unprofessional manner”, it said.

Wow. Is this like pissing on somebody’s leg?

11 Likes

ETA:

11 Likes

More confrontation

12 Likes

More fundamentally, I would like to thank the Russian representative for helping me to make the point that I was trying to make in my briefing. What I have been trying to say is that it is not for the representative of a larger country to say that the smaller country has no history. What the Russian representative has just told us is that whenever Ukrainians, in the past or at present, claim that they exist as a society, that is “ideology” or “russophobia.” The Russian representative has helped us by exemplifying the behavior I was trying to describe. As I have been trying to say, dismissing someone else’s history, or calling it a disease, is a colonial attitude with genocidal implications. The empire does not have the right to say that a neighboring country has no history. The claim that a country has no past is genocidal hate speech. In helping us to make the connection between Russian words and deeds, this session has been useful. Thank you.

16 Likes
12 Likes
15 Likes

“I call it a geopolitical catastrophe if Trump were to be nominated, because in the campaign his influence would be destructive,” Rasmussen says. It would move Trump’s terrible ideas closer to the mainstream and make it harder to secure congressional support for the war.

Already, (Anders Fogh Rasmussen, the former secretary-general of NATO) notes, opinion polls show “a weakening of the support for Ukraine” in the United States. Trump’s nomination could accelerate that, Rasmussen argues: “The mere fact that his thinking appeals to a certain element, a certain segment of the American public, will push American politics in the wrong direction.”

He goes on to say that giving Ukraine jets, long range missiles and more right now so that Ukraine can kick Russia’s ass sooner than later. Article was written for Biden most likely.

19 Likes

Of course they are going to go get the thing.

And analyze the heck out of it.
And backwards engineer it.
Etc.

16 Likes

And discover that they can’t manufacture or buy about 90% of the components that make it work.
And re-engineer a tiny subset of its capabilities with discrete MOSFETs and vacuum tubes.
And claim that’s a feature.

20 Likes

:rofl:
:grimacing:

8 Likes

Look at the last picture

19th Century technology.

15 Likes

11 Likes
10 Likes
13 Likes
14 Likes