2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 2)

So I guess there’s more evidence emerging that Russia may have sabotaged their own pipeline after all.

Someone said “never believe anything until the Kremlin denies it,” which seems about right.

13 Likes

Is it meant to be maskirovka? Sabotage their own system, but get the useful idiots to point blame at the US/EU/NATO?

8 Likes

I wonder how the folks in Kaliningrad and Vyborg would feel about a quick referendum… :thinking:

10 Likes

I think anyone who isn’t a gangster in any part of Russian government either left, or was defenestrated a while ago…

11 Likes
11 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes
8 Likes

I think the idea is a strong threat without too much actual harm. The pipelines were inactive and majority Russian-owned and their future was in doubt anyway. So it’s as close as you can get to a strike on an EU target without quite going there.

10 Likes
13 Likes

Better be careful; Russia has prior experience with delivering worse-than-expected military performance in Finland.

3 Likes

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3667246-army-doctor-anesthesiologist-charged-with-conspiring-to-give-us-medical-documents-to-russia/

…her husband knew the ins and outs of how the U.S. military sets up a military hospital in war conditions, as well as information on the U.S.-trained Ukrainian troops, according to the DOJ.

13 Likes

The part that strikes me as weird is the “you do know the people you are trying to work with hate you, right?” aspect. The BBC article notes that Maj Henry is the army’s first transgender active duty officer; and I can’t see a trans woman and her wife being the toast of the sort of circles where people take Patriarch Kirill seriously.

10 Likes

Solovyov inching closer to realising that everything is ■■■■■.

12 Likes

“war as entertainment” has been canceled :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

He used to be furious but now he’s just miserable. He can’t even muster any enthusiasm for “Azamat from Kaliningrad” who begs to go to war.

ETA:

Back to the real war:

9 Likes

I think Zelensky should announce that he has held a referendum in St Petersburg and has now annexed it.

ETA and should make a similar announcement every 24 hours, naming a different Russian city.

14 Likes

Italians living in Russia should consider leaving the country, the Italian embassy in Russia has said.

Italian expatriates in Russia “are recommended to consider whether their stay is necessary, and if not, to leave the country”, the embassy said in a statement, warning that getting out was becoming increasingly difficult.

That Italian ambassador will probably be getting a rude email from his country’s new prime minister soon.

12 Likes
16 Likes
16 Likes