21 dead in mass-shooting at Texas elementary school

Shot the grandmother first. They always kill the closest female relative.

14 Likes

The last 5 years of mass shootings in Texas.
2017 Plano Shooting. 9 dead.
2017 Sutherland Springs church shooting. 27 dead
2017 Santa Fe High School shooting, 10 dead
2019 El Paso shooting, 23 dead
2019 Midland-Odessa Shooting. 7 dead
2019 West Freeway Church of Christ shooting. 3 dead.

8 Likes
36 Likes

Fuck that guy

6 Likes

As always:

37 Likes

Leave it to someone in my friends list on Facebook.

My hope is parents and stores remove video games that encourage this.

No mention of guns, what a moron.

23 Likes

I read the following in one of the local news articles:

The 18-year-old shooter first shot his grandmother, Gutierrez said. He fled, got into a car wreck near the elementary school and then ran into the school.

In other words, he panicked after he shot his grandmother, got in a car to get away, started being chased at high speed by police officers, and when he crashed he went to the closest building (possibly the one he knew best in the area).

I’ve seen this scenario play out so many times in Chicago, although thankfully with fewer casualties. Heck, my family and I have been nearly killed by exactly this police behavior, multiple times.

Yes, he pulled the trigger, but if the police did not do high speed chases through residential areas there would be significantly less bloodshed.

They’re the ones who are supposed to be trained.

33 Likes

it can’t be the thing i love, it must be this other completely unrelated thing.

• There were more than 4,000 gun-related deaths in Texas in 2020.
  • 61% of all Texas suicides were by firearm.
  • Nearly 73% of veteran suicides in Texas were by firearm.
  • 183 women in Texas were killed by a male intimate partner—67% of those murders were by firearm.
  • At least 32 Texan children ages 0-17 died in unintentional shootings.
  • Gun violence in Texas costs $16.6 billion per year

^ source, slight editing for readability.

yup, definitely the video games.

31 Likes

matthew bingo GIF

11 Likes

From the WaPo:

The forum is also scheduled to include Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, South Dakota Gov. Kristi L. Noem, Rep. Dan Crenshaw of Texas, and North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson, all Republicans. The next night, “American Pie” singer Don McLean is scheduled to perform.

(emphasis added)

WTF?!

19 Likes

If you are not watching Biden address the nation, you should. He seems pissed.

27 Likes

In 1966 the worst mass shooting in the country’s history up to that point happened at the University of Texas Austin campus, committed by a trained marine who planned ahead and brought plenty of weapons with him, attacking from a high, protected vantage point. He managed to kill 15 people. Some of these other shootings equal or dramatically surpass that death toll and were carried out by individuals with no real training or experience. The lack of meaningful barriers for folks to obtain ridiculously lethal modern weapons with large capacity magazines is just so freaking inexcusable and shameful that I want to puke.

29 Likes

I turned the channel as soon as the news interrupted regular programming. Because it doesn’t matter how angry the President is, Congress will change nothing. The House will pass legislation that will die in the Senate because Sinema and Manchin.

2nd, 3rd and 4th graders, little kids. I just can’t. 18 sets of parents lost their babies to Moloch today.

34 Likes

A bit pendant- but it was the University of Texas at Austin. To this day, no one but specific maintenance can go up the university tower. University of Texas tower shooting - Wikipedia

15 Likes

You are correct, i am sure. I am just glad to see something more than “thoughts and prayers.” It has been a long time.

18 Likes

Right. Corrected.

8 Likes

This headline says it all.

33 Likes

18 now. 18 young children dead

Sad Black Mirror GIF by NETFLIX

27 Likes

Pretty much the synopsis of the address.

22 Likes
26 Likes