21 dead in mass-shooting at Texas elementary school

If you must stay on FB, maybe it’s time you cull those “friends” from your list. I’ve cut people out of my real life when they talk that way.

31 Likes

“Look, we’re not coming for your guns. We’ve just done an analysis that identifies the key risk factors for mass shooters. We’re just going to prohibit firearm ownership and carry for white men with a history of domestic violence. What - that’s 65% of Congress!?!”

26 Likes

What I want for Abbot and anyone who supports him

mac and me falling GIF

I apologize ahead of time. I am angry, any empathy I can possibly have for him is long gone. I do not feel like being a mature adult right now. If anyone wants to flag it, I fully understand and have no hard feelings.

22 Likes

US schools have simply become unsafe to send children to.
Supermarkets and churches, the same.
All of public space, really.
Is there an argument to be made that the preponderance of guns is infringing on Americans’ First Amendment right to assemble?

20 Likes

Nope. Emphatically no, there is no fucking argument to that statement whatsoever. I am so pissed, but even moreso because nothing will happen. Just more babies sacrificed to their God damned blood thirsty god.

22 Likes

America decided long ago that having the ability to kill kids was more important than their lives.

15 Likes

I hate this so much. No matter how safe the school, this can so easily happen. Several months ago a man, a former student, managed to enter my child’s elementary school. He was unarmed and apparently inebriated, but he managed to get right into the school. The damage he could have done…

My heart goes out to the families impacted by this. It’s not enough, though. Until we take massive action to prevent this from happening again, it’s never going to be enough

13 Likes

Or, to put more figurative language to it, the Second amendment has murdered the First.

25 Likes

120 guns for every 100 people in this country, more than double the volume of the next closest per capita nation. No matter what your views on guns are this is is ridiculous number that should be extremely alarming and be viewed as a problem in dire need of fixing.

Other countries with healthy relationships with gun ownership are at about 1/5 to 1/6 this number. The countries sitting at 1/3 to 1/2 are torn apart by civil war, organized crime, and other strife. Yet here we are spending $280B to preserve a $28B hobby the industry managed to grift into becoming a civil rights issue of our times.

Then again, the people trying to regulate gun ownership have yet to target the manufacture and sale of firearms but that’s lobbying for you I guess.

23 Likes

Fuck the 2nd.

Condolences from an European.

19 Likes

Lets put another quarter in the carousel, everybody onbard, go round and round a few times, anger, tears, emotional speeches, thoughts and prayers, “the second”, the right to live in fear vs concealed carry

Or better still, save your breath, think you’ve been lucky, look the other way and let it pass until next time because NOTHING WILL BE DONE, not now, not ever

4 Likes

But it too late only criminal have gun my rights don’t put me on list

1 Like

It’s a good thing no other country has video games, otherwise we’d be seeing the same levels of mass murder.

24 Likes

I met a friend last week who I hadn’t seen since her daughter died recently (I was sick at the time) and her grief was so all encompassing it was a harrowing experience that made me cry convulsively.

All those poor kids, their parents, and their families. So much multi-generational trauma for performative macho yuks.

It’s absolutely perverted sick disgusting.

31 Likes

42 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: Nothing changes.

3 Likes

Jesus guns fetuses
FIFY

9 Likes

I remember when the Columbine school
shootings happened and how shocked everyone was. Now it seems to be just another day in the United States.

16 Likes

I’m typically a pessimist around meaningful change (especially when there’s such a large, brainwashed population going against change). I think I still am. But it looks like there may be progress ongoing regarding climate change. Maybe we can make change in other areas. Probably not.

5 Likes

As conservatives and the NRA respond to this tragedy with calls for more guns, guess what they are predictably banning from that upcoming speech.

31 Likes