25 Synonyms for 'Pussy Riot,' for news presenters who'd really rather not to say 'pussy' on-air

The name “Pussy Riot” was used as a form of empowerment, but these are all so stupid and denigrating towards women.

Seriously, if Walter Cronkite could say “Deep Throat” on television 40 years ago, news anchors should be forced to say “Pussy Riot”.

Don’t weaken their message with these pathetic knock-offs.

2 Likes

Va-jay-jay Affray.

I believe that the point is, precisely, that the reporters need to get over their problems with the phrase. Think of kittens fighting, if you have trouble saying it with a straight face.

Just don’t websearch “young pussy” and expect to find many kittens.

4 Likes

I’d like to thank you all for being so Goddamned Clever!* No joke, that’s some good stuff

Cat fight.

5 Likes

6 Likes

C*nt confront.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a supercut of news media saying Pussy Riot?

1 Like

Blitzer doin’ his Wo face: Wo, Wo, Wo.

1 Like

Nice, but it doesn’t count unless you use the word.

Otherwise, you go down the NPR track where they try to have a adult interview that becomes pathetically immature because the interviewee can’t bring herself to say “vulva,” and instead says “‘woman’s parts’ in particular ‘lady bits.’”

1 Like

Poontang Protest.

It can’t just be about the kittens can it? Can it? The kittens don’t like this sort of appropriation.

How that is furthered at all by this puerile and jejune exercise is beyond me.

Want to really get it out there? Put it on one of those whitehouse.gov petitions, so that the president has got to talk about it.

The Colbert Report did.

By the exchange, no; it’s further evidence that the issue exists… but that’s hardly news. By the original observation that folks really should just Get Over It, even though that was expressed as mockery… I think that was a valid point though I grant it doesn’t exactly win style points.

Come on man, lighten up. You can go back to the important job of saving the world tomorrow.

Cunt Crusade!

Cuntretemps!

Come on, let’s hear you say it. You’ll feel better!

If that one is too much of a stretch, how’s about whoopie whoopie?

We know you can do it!

It’s a poon-tang wrangle!

1 Like

Uncertain curtains

You joke about me trying to save the world, but please try not to forget that these young women actually are trying to save the world, or at least their part of it. They are willing to go to prison, risk it again and even be horsewhipped for their beliefs, so we’re supposed to think up clever ways to call them cunts? No thanks.

Xeni, this whole thing was in really poor taste.

2 Likes

Mrs Slocombe sends her regards.

4 Likes

This reminds me of the Southall riots 30 years ago, when the Hambrough Tavern was burnt down after a skinhead band played there. I couldn’t understand why the newsreaders didn’t mention the name of the band, until I found out they were called the 4-skins.