2D Art, Images, Doodles, Sketches, Paintings, Diagrams, What-Have-Yous

I post some of my stuff on my IG account.

6 Likes

Note: Image not color corrected.

Right now, I’m just trying to correct some perspective issues and work on texture vs reflected light. The left side is heavily corrected, but I haven’t touched the right side yet.
I try to think more expressionist-ically, but always wind up in my own “Is it good enough for Isaac Levitan?” trap.

I also have to add, “scumbling” for a true visual feel is hard as hell.

6 Likes

Holy crap, this is the kind of painter I live for.
The composition, the color harmonies, the bold and deft brushstrokes. This painting is sooo good.

Penis Alert

Summary

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrC7JF9Ae2_/?igshid=1a4scrr09ez05

4 Likes

I’ve made some changes to my header over on my thread, and posted a few more images.

2 Likes

Guys, it’s been busy at work, y’all

16 Likes

I recently adapted a project I started a couple years ago into a series of 100 tiny magnetic paintings for an interactive art installation.

24 Likes

Brought a blue marker to the meeting today. I started out just allowing myself a right-hand border, but as the awkwardness devolved into shouting between our PMs and the contractor, I found solace in a clockwise spiral and a portrait of some stranger who wears clothes a bit like mine…

14 Likes

There was this drawing program online that I can’t remember what it was. Here are a couple of my sketches.

Cockatrice

Cthuhlu

11 Likes

A portrait of one of my colleagues as an ace pilot (an apt metaphor for how great her work is…) from a meeting where she was presenting on the quarter’s work.

15 Likes
10 Likes

Not my art, because this silkscreen was made before I was born. Salvaged from a building that was about to be torn down, on the Stephens College campus, Columbia, MO. Bonnie Cashin was a famous fashion designer: inventor of the Coach Bag and the concept of layering, and a pioneer in sportswear. Philip Sills was a clothing manufacturer.

6 Likes

Starting a project with a new Art Director.

14 Likes

Art director appears satisfied.

16 Likes

Fireball Man Goes Under Water

Crayola Supertips (with toddler-mashed tips) on bible-weight mead comp book.

15 Likes

Atomic Lass Visits the Forest

12 Likes

Kiddo’s art plus science

13 Likes

Been working on my product photography. This one is six photographs all shmeared together.

It’s a piece entitled The Munchies.

6 Likes

One of my least favorite mixed drinks

4 Likes

I have been using this time indoors malarkey to brush up on my Photoshop skills again.

The line drawing was downloaded from 2000AD as part of their free bundle to keep us occupied. Apparently it was for kids… :roll_eyes: I coloured it anyway.

13 Likes

I also got away from line drawing and did a freehand painting. Emma Stone.

13 Likes