2D Art, Images, Doodles, Sketches, Paintings, Diagrams, What-Have-Yous

What input device are you using?

4 Likes

A little Wacom tablet and pen straight into my laptop - the sensor pad is only about 4" X 5". I’m more used to real paint and paper but I’m up for the challenge of learning a new skill and saving money on materials.

This took about 6 hours on it today but cost me nothing to create and no mess or wastage.

14 Likes

Nice!
I’ve been spoiled by an iPad, but have been curious to see what my Wacom tablet would be like now. Or rather, if I would feel more capable with it than I have in the past.

3 Likes

The weirdest bit for me is drawing on one surface but looking at another. I use Photoshop for all sorts things, mainly editing photos and colouring line art - painting with it is stil strange to me.
Get a good stylus for your iPad I’m sure you’ll get on OK. A friend of mine is currently raving about Adobe Capture which I think is just for phones but looks cool, and it’s free! I’m going to wait and see if she starts bitching about it in a couple of days before I get a new toy though :wink:

6 Likes

A collaborative piece with the kiddos:

20 Likes

First one to guess what this is wins… a lifetime supply of it! [shipping not included]

4 Likes

Dandruff?

2 Likes

Nope, but that just moved up a few spots on the ‘research’ schedule.

3 Likes

Huh—two different people just dropped off brand new boxes of colored chalk at our house (one anonymously). I guess that means we officially have patrons now!

14 Likes

Is it a fingernail clipping?

2 Likes

For that I could have sprung for a lifetime of shipping costs.

Let’s make it an Audio Daily Double:

3 Likes

We made a new driveway chalk mural today:

17 Likes

A couple days late for May the Fourth but here is the Mandalorian riding Rainbow Dash as he launches a jetpack-wearing Baby Yoda from a Poké Ball. Also featured: Space Kitty, Astronaut Dinosaur and Mr. & Ms. Pac-Man.

18 Likes

My daughter’s artwork, posted with her permission.

16 Likes

For no reason in particular I became hung up on drawing an owl soaking in a tub. I pretty rarely bother to do multiple drafts, especially when it’s just for funzies, but I’m glad I did, since for some reason it took 3 to realize he should be in a tree.

22 Likes

It seems that large part of US population doesn’t like to wear masks, because it is associated with showing disapproval of President:

I think that a simple product could help with that. The masks with political statement printed on the outside don’t seem to be good enough, so maybe there’s need for a mask that also has a print on the inside. Here’s a quick product visualization:

Thanks to @beschizza for the texture image.

I’m really sorry for all of this.

9 Likes

I believe the term is “■■■■■ owlett”

15 Likes

Christ, that looks like an anus with teeth…oh yeah, he really is an anus with teeth.

8 Likes

Flaccidus Anus Dentatus.

5 Likes

Found this while unpacking my studio this afternoon, the sole survivor of my last attempt to teach myself to paint.

I’m happier with it now than I was two years ago, which proves you should never throw anything out.

I wonder where I should put these styrofoam meat trays…?

17 Likes