32 Democratic senators demand to know if Trump's consumer finance boss has let Equifax off the hook

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/09/do-your-fucking-job.html

3 Likes

tumblr_p30w6ffzMh1w97wono1_540

7 Likes

This story is unfair and biased. Why doesn’t it even mention all the Republican senators who also signed the letter?

8 Likes

ha ha!

Joining Senator Schatz on the letter to Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney and CFPB Acting Director Leandra English are U.S. Senators Bob Menendez (D-N.J.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Jon Tester (D-Mont.), Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), Tom Udall (D-N.M.), Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), Catherine Cortez Masto (D-Nev.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Ed Markey (D-Mass.), Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.), Tina Smith (Minn.), Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Gary Peters (D-Mich.), Patty Murray (Wash.), Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Angus King (I-Maine), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Mark Warner (D-Va.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), and Doug Jones (D-Ala.)

3 Likes

Yeah… good luck with that.

5 Likes

I’d like to know why all of the Dems didn’t sign off on the letter

7 Likes

I guess Mulvaney saw ‘protection’ in the title of the agency and thought he’d give it more of a Don Corleone kind of spin.

Shit, I miss the previous administration, when we were seeing financial fraudsters doing the perp walk almost every week.

1 Like
3 Likes

Hey, if you want to rail about Trump doing something different from his predecessor, by all means, have at it.

FFS.

concern

Outrage.

ask

Interrogate.

request

Demand.

1 Like

You mean, vs. creating the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in the first place? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Yes. Where’s Kamala? She’s a prosecutor, I wanna see her doing her thing, interrogating, putting these repub cronies on the spot. I know she can, I’ve seen her do it.

2 Likes

Including Trump’s?

Maybe she and the remaining Dems will pop out from behind a bush…subpoenas, indictments and smoking guns in hand against trump and this whole CFPB thing was just a distraction.
Doubtful, but I can dream.

1 Like

God, if that was a movie, I would love it!

Now that really is false equivalence. How many mortgage con artists and bought-and-paid-for ratings agencies did Obama and Holder “let off the hook”? Pretty much all of them, as I recall.

You seem confused about what that means. Please re-read the definition above and try again.

You might be right.

Obama often talked about prosecuting bank fraud, while Trump almost never has. So I guess there is less equivalence than I had thought.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.