$350 USB stick claiming to block 5G is just a cheap thumbdrive

If you are selling woo to combat real problems - go fuck yourself.

If you are selling woo to combat woo problems - eh - they really are just filling a niche in the market.

12 Likes

Quick question before I head to checkout. The USB 3 is backward compatible with 1 & 2, but does the 5G block also cover 1G - 4G?

7 Likes

As a fellow Masshole there is no way I can give this comment a ‘like.’

2 Likes

I believe they also sell a device called a “G-Wizz” that will configure the 5G blocker so it won’t interfere with 4G.

It’s an additional $200.

“But if you call now. . . we’ll throw in these steak knives for FREE.”

5 Likes

I… I suppose I deserve that.

2 Likes

that must be a typo, surely they mean “Immoralis”

6 Likes

SPRINT PLANNING flashback!

2 Likes

That ad copy is truly a thing of beauty.

2 Likes

One of the coolest rooms in a wonderful game.

1 Like

It is a work of public service to separate virulent idiots from their money. The only result that should come from the investigations is the awarding of medals and other assorted accolades.

3 Likes

If the stupid didn’t buy this, they would spend their money on terrible beer. (which beer is terrible I’ll leave as an exercise for you)

I imagine it is probably technically possible to build a smallish electronic device capable of jamming 5G signals (though the FTC might have issues with it) but surely that would mean broadcasting a lot more energy into the same part of the spectrum that the scary 5G signals inhabit.

5 Likes

“5G is safe, however the jamming device that you were carrying in your pocket caused cancer.”

9 Likes

It never happened, but at a previous job I tried very hard to convince my colleagues (three tech geeks in a company full of psych/sociologists) to celebrate April 1st by responding to every problem brought to us with classic Treknobabble.

“That project’s website is down? Let me try to realign the packet emitters.”

6 Likes

OK, I’m Impressed; someone made a “Shakti Drive” o.o’.

(Beware; high-grade woo.)

2 Likes

Last weekend I was rewiring the lights on a horse trailer, and having all sorts of illogical annoyances. I would get continuity between two points, yet the bulb wouldn’t light. Turned out that all of the existing wiring had corroded badly down its entire length to the extent that you could strip it anywhere and just get mostly black instead of shiny copper.

Afterwards while explaining to my partner why it had been such epic madness, I told her that the one thing about ‘audiophile cables’ that’s not actually total fuckery is the Oxygen Free Copper thing, because I guarantee no audio passed through those wires would survive intact. (Of course, if you didn’t run your speaker wire along the bottom of a trailer that has mostly sat in the grass for twenty years, that would be of slightly less importance.)

Two days later her cellular hotspot (yay ‘country’ livin’!) died and I discovered that its battery terminals were impressively corroded. So I then had to explain to her, okay fine, there are TWO things about that racket that aren’t always just pure bullshit…

4 Likes

It’s getting harder and harder to remain a good, honest person when there are so many thousands of ways I could make huge amounts of money by simply taking advantage of people who I have less sympathy for with every passing day.

6 Likes

“Pablo Picasso never got called an asshole. Not in New York!” Thanks, Jonathan Richman. Of course that doesn’t mean he wasn’t one.

1 Like

I will admit to having such thoughts upon reading about this ‘device’ the other day. Like, how cheaply can I find something that will simply detect the presence of nearby 5G signals (like there’s any other kind, amirite), that I could incorporate into something akin to an E-Meter?

1 Like

Seems like the definition of “victimless crime” to me…

2 Likes