3D printing tactile versions of Goodnight Moon for blind children

[Permalink]

Huffing Boing Boing

Piracy! Piracy! Those little blind tykes have run up the Jolly Roger on the Good Ship Copyright! Aux armes, citoyens!

It’s not just visually impaired kids that could benefit from this. As a children’s librarian, I generally don’t like to buy popup or flapped books because after a few readings, they get loved to death: the flaps get pulled loose or off, and the moving parts stop working. If these books could have the plastic tinted or painted like the traditional lift-the-flap or popup books, they would be much sturdier and suitable for library use.

Headline should read “3D printing tactile versions of Goodnight Moon for blind children to suffer through mundane children’s book too.”

If they were 3D printing Jeffers or Floca or Willems I could get behind this, but Goodnight Moon is the goddamned worst.

And faintly creepy too, or is that just me?

As someone who only goes to sleep with an old woman whispering “hush” in the corner after saying goodnight to nobody I don’t find it a bit creepy.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.