40 years for Mississippi cop who tortured and raped man in own home

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/21/40-years-for-mississippi-cop-who-tortured-and-raped-man-in-own-home.html

10 Likes

I disagree with this final sentiment. Evil cops are finally being jailed for once. That’s a positive difference

32 Likes

Let’s not feed this myth. Rape is not about sexuality, it’s about power and dominance, pure and simple.

19 Likes

i understand some of those convicts are due to be sentenced again for another case.

EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN TOUCHED BY THESE THUGS SHOULD PRESS CHARGES.

it is time to find out who knew about this program and when they knew. might be time to bankrupt the city and start anew.

15 Likes

Sentenced to 40 years, eh?

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

15 Likes

It was a federal case. So nothing changes in Mississippi.

1 Like

They are also awaiting sentencing on state charges. Mississippi is still a racist and violent place (it’s part of the US ,afterall), but it doesn’t help anything to write places off as never changing. Things always change and if we deny that, we just surrender our limited say in how they change

9 Likes

Now that is the face of finding out. No fucking remorse whatsoever. I assume his thought was something along the line of “Why me? Everyone else does it.” FAFO

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.