5 cars used by Biden's Secret Service caught fire soon after they were dropped off at Hertz (video)

Originally published at: 5 cars used by Biden's Secret Service caught fire soon after they were dropped off at Hertz (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Hertz seems to have issues with burning cars. Fire that destroyed nearly 4,000 cars at RSW rental lot, causing $100M in damage ruled an accident

3 Likes

oh dear no batteries…

1 Like

They even rented diversity and yet all got samey fire. Tell the detailer to stop using that diet pill…

1 Like

So… did ONE start the fire and the rest were nearby and subsequently burned as well?

Or did all 5 independently self-immolate in different spots on the lot?

I smell a conspiracy… along with burning rubber and plastic.

And dammit, Biden left his favorite pair of Aviators on the dash.

2 Likes

At least Hertz cars are easier to get into than they used to be.

Hertz Commercial: "Let Hertz Put You in the Driver's Seat" 1964 Hertz Rent-a-Car on Make a GIF

6 Likes

I bet it started when someone used Hunter’s laptop to download Hillary’s emails. It’s like Coke and Pop-Rocks.

11 Likes

The former, it would appear. Which, yeah, makes this pretty much a non-story.

12 Likes

Yeah, one catching fire due to a known fault and the blaze spreading to adjacent cars is very different than five different types of cars catching fire independently. It sounds like it is the first scenario and the headline is linking Biden to it make the circumstances sound more nefarious. The real story seems like Hertz is not complying with a recall in a timely fashion, putting their customers and people/property in the vicinity of their vehicles at risk.

17 Likes

There’s a reason my family call their suv’s the “Ford Exploder”

5 Likes

That’s a pretty damn casual attitude towards car fires.

Hertz" Nah… happens all da times"

Normal people “Uh…no. No it does not.”

6 Likes

If the cause has not been determined then it is still suspicious.

1 Like

Seems a security weakness that the Secret Service should even have to rent vehicles. I guess they can’t have their own vehicles everywhere

2 Likes

Image of It happens sometimes. People just explode.

5 Likes

So, it isn’t “President Biden’s Secret Service.” It is the U.S. government Secret Service, which (ostensibly) guards President Biden. An important distinction that was obscured by their former charge.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.