5 dead, many injured in mass shooting at Annapolis newsroom (Updated)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/28/5-dead-many-injured-in-mass-s.html

7 Likes

35 Likes

Beat me to it.

26 Likes

can we charge Milo with murder now?

25 Likes

Insert table flip

12 Likes

Criminal solicitation is a crime; I’m hoping somebody files charges against the fucker…

32 Likes

But…but…freeze peach! /s

If the killer was a right-wing extremist we’re going to find out about it. Journalists tend to make sure that kind of news gets out when their colleagues get murdered.

26 Likes

If I thought anything productive would come of it, I’d text the two guys I once worked with for two months on a field job–two guys who once shared a hearty laugh at an internet joke about hanging journalists–and ask them how they feel about this. If they’re laughing now.

But I’m clinging on to my faith in humanity right now, so I’ll let that remain a known unknown.

17 Likes

Thoughts and prayers.

14 Likes

All is well…Sean has figured it out.

16 Likes

I see the mayor of Annapolis went with “love and thoughts”. So hard these days to say something that sounds like something without actually saying that thing.

15 Likes

Mass Shooting #195

9 Likes

This could escalate quickly. I feel ill.

“But this evening has denied inciting the gun violence and dismissed the comment as a ‘private joke’ and ‘trolling’.”

23 Likes

Incitement to violence is already a crime, right. Do we have to wait until people are dead to start taking this seriously (and literally).

21 Likes

Which is how stochastic terrorism works. You get a group of people foaming at the mouth, make an offhanded comment like that (in front of the media, natch) then when something happens, you claim it can’t be anything to do with you, you were"just joking".

Bull fucking shit. Maybe it was or wasn’t because of it this time, but we’ve already seen it happen (Pizzagate, anyone?). His hands will never be clean.

34 Likes

Almost makes me wish I had not deleted my Facebook account so I could “trolley” him with “private jokes” about how people need to “gun [him] down on sight”.

3 Likes

Less than four miles from my home.

12 Likes

I’d be surprised if the DA in Maryland didn’t want to take that case up. That the statement was made outside the jurisdiction could be a problem. Proximity and all that. Fingers crossed tho.

13 Likes

“Will no one rid me of this bothersome priest?”

Charge that POS.

28 Likes

(Calling @RIckMycroft : Insert single frame of half-hooded eyes.)

So what we need is more guns in newsrooms?

4 Likes