5 Georgia cops fired after man dies while alone in interview room with no recording equipment

Originally published at: 5 Georgia cops fired after man dies while alone in interview room with no recording equipment | Boing Boing

4 Likes

5 Georgia cops fired after man dies in interview room with no recording equipment

Why didn’t he just comply? Said every GQP ding dong ever…

12 Likes

IMO police departments should be forbidden from buying military surplus equipment until or unless they have the tools to document what they do and keep themselves accountable (like body cameras, recording equipment in interview rooms, etc.) at all[*] times when they’re on the job. You want that fancy new gun? Get your audio-video equipment first then we’ll talk.

[*] About the only exception is for undercover officers, where the presence of a camera could get them killed. You want to take a leak while you’re on the clock? Fine. Your camera keeps rolling, but if that footage is to be used in an investigation your bathroom break will be redacted unless it’s relevant to the investigation.

9 Likes

Lovely; this is my nearby city, and this is my surprised face. :roll_eyes:

Savannah has had a ton of corruption and does not appear to be improving. They also have a crap-ton of open police positions and this adds some more. I guess this kind of problem just solves itself, huh?

5 Likes

Oh they all got fired? Well, what’s to talk about? Justice has been completely served!

5 Likes

Cue moral outrage by police union over the officers fired “who did nothing wrong”.

1 Like

lonely shoelace suicide

Given no definitive evidence, how do they say it was a suicide? It could just as easily have been homicide by person or person unknown.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.