5-Minute Crafts offers a perfect way to ruin two pairs of shoes at once

Originally published at: 5-Minute Crafts offers a perfect way to ruin two pairs of shoes at once | Boing Boing

3 Likes

It is a shame that the same amount of care wasn’t put in to footwear as went in to the video.

Resulting in the worst of both worlds. SMH

Thanks, I hate it.

5 Minute Crafts is the worst of the worst content farms. They are literally a video production sweat shop.

Content farms have nearly ruined YouTube and made it very hard for genuine small-shop creators to put out interesting videos that people can find and watch. Farms have completely broken the algorithm and YouTube doesn’t care because they get what they want either way.

9 Likes

Reminds me of this:

15 Likes

Looks like they took down the video?

1 Like

Explaining that to Kiddo a while back, after several failed attempts to follow some of their crappy kid-focused videos, was almost like telling her Santa Claus isn’t real. Finding that debunking video was wonderful because then it wasn’t just Mom raining on her parade.

8 Likes

I have a very strong hatred for those kinds of clickbait videos. Anyone with the tiniest bit of life experience can see they are fake and wouldn’t work, but can’t necessarily say why if they haven’t done the specific thing. It’s weaponizing our sense of “neat” for evil purpose and it’s deeply intellectually insulting.

It’s awesome that you showed your kids that, though! A gateway to critical thinking, perhaps? Kiddos need that more than ever. The whole world is trying to lie to them every second and from every angle nowadays.

8 Likes

That was sacrilegious. The whole point of DMs is the sole. If you want to put a leather upper on Crocs (and FFS why? That whole video was vomitous) then get a pair of cheap lookalike boots to cannibalise.

@NukeML
Link says post taken down by mod, but video was still there, for me.

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Go figure. :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

(No. No idea.)

Here’s the link generated when I clicked it, that took me there.

Do you have a reddit login? I don’t. So this is on the non-logged-in ‘visitor’ page. No idea if that makes a difference, either.

How long until the content farms notice the lost opportunity and start simultaneously producing the bogus how-to and the debunking video?

5 Likes

Plus that company loves to astroturf

2 Likes

Also, Rose Anvil did this firster and funnier.

5 Likes

do they dematerialise… I mean…

Synergy

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.