5 schools in Cullman, AL close due to rising Covid cases after Trump rally

Originally published at: 5 schools in Cullman, AL close due to rising Covid cases after Trump rally | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Nothing good ever follows in the wake of a Trump rally.

33 Likes

Nothing good ever follows in the wake of Trump.
Everything he touches dies.

44 Likes

even dire warnings from local health officials cannot keep the orange monster from getting the adulation he desperately craves… and apparently it has no effect on the people who so desperately want to give it to him. i hope you all chase each other in a tight whirlpool right down the drain.

22 Likes

Meanwhile…

Vaccinated Democratic Counties Are Leading the Economic Recovery

The geography of America’s economic engine is heavily concentrated in counties that Joe Biden won in 2020. These counties are much more heavily vaccinated than the rest of the country and thus better able to withstand the economic effects of Covid’s delta variant.

Put another way, even if one accepts the idea that “economic anxiety” alone (instead of white supremacism and spiteful anti-intellectualism) caused people to support Biff, it still comes down to stupidity and ignorance.

31 Likes

Trump supporter keeps telling me part of the reason he knows the election was fixed is because we never saw huge crowds at Biden rallies. I keep trying to find new ways to say “we don’t want people sick or dead”, but it seems a foreign concept to him.

40 Likes

seems like the message is not getting through to a great many people.

10 Likes

Trump once said that he loved the poorly educated. Looks like he found a new way to accomplish this.

15 Likes

My neighbor the other night, I keep asking him if he’s been vaccinated because he’s in several “at risk” categories. He said no, again, but this time he finally said, “and I’ll tell you why: I don’t trust the federal government. If the vaccine were approved, I would take it.”
I tried to explain to him that the org. that approves it is part of the federal government, to no avail.
It truly doesn’t matter what we say. They “know” what they know.

29 Likes

A new low for the Crooky Monster.

9 Likes

download

35 Likes

The virus will rise again!

5 Likes

That doesn’t bode well for Ivanka.

7 Likes

22 Likes

I’m REALLY getting tired of saying PLAY STUPID GAMES, WIN STUPID PRIZES.

9 Likes

Except a good number of attendees are probably thinking, “That’s five fewer schools teaching critical race theory this week.”

7 Likes

It’s literally the Trump Virus.

11 Likes

You say that like it’s a bad thing.

2 Likes

Yeah, no. There was never a chance in hell that anything approaching critical race theory would be taught in Cullman, Alabama. The KKK/other white supremist groups are known to be active there and in the surrounding area, so the area is a natural fit for a lightly disguised Klan rally. Cullman is on Interstate 65, and several Black acquaintances have told me that they will not stop for gas there, especially after dark. (I know, I know, not all people in Cullman are Klan-adjacent…)

Also, Alabama won’t issue a mask mandate but made sure to ban the teaching of critical race theory.

14 Likes

I’m still somewhat mystified as to exactly what “critical race theory” even is. I have Trump-brainwashed parents who rant on and on about it, and they can’t explain it either. When I was ordering a social science curriculum for my homeschooled kid, they had a disclaimer on their website that critical race theory would not be included, again without explaining what it is.

Is it that any mention of black people = “critical race theory”?

4 Likes