6 killed by Walmart manager in mass shooting

Originally published at: 6 killed by Walmart manager in mass shooting | Boing Boing

5 Likes

fuck.

22 Likes

Jesus wept…

24 Likes

“Pay no attention to the easy availability of guns in America”, the ammosexuals shout once again.

41 Likes

On the contrary they will likely say “The shooter could have been stopped if Walmart allowed open carry! There weren’t enough ‘good guys’ with guns!”

12 Likes

I think it is worth stocking up on the fact that the most recent mass- or attempted mass-shootings that were stopped have been stopped by unarmed folks who were out of fucks to give. I would like to see more assholes curb stomped, if I can’t have just fewer assholes. I would especially like to see more coverage of the Club Q shooter being stomped by a trans woman and put in the hospital. The combat vet is getting a lot of coverage, and I admire his courage. I only wish she got some as well (if she wants it. If she does not, then carry on.)

42 Likes

Absolutely right. In fact, if a bunch of people at Walmart were armed it probably would have turned into a Wild West gunfight.

12 Likes

WTF; are we now having multiple mass shootings every goddamn day?

24 Likes

Not if you don’t count the domestic violence ones.

23 Likes

acording to the Guardian, the Gun Violence Archive is reporting 606 mass shooting so far this year - so nearly 2 per day. I can’t get to the Gun Violence Archive to see exactly what their criteria is but that is a huge number.

there have been 606 mass shootings in the US this year. That means that 2022 is shaping up to be one of the worst years in recent memory, on a par or exceeding the bloodletting of 2020 which recorded 610 such incidents and last year which saw 690.

Edit: I see from Wikipedia that the definition used is:

Gun Violence Archive, a nonprofit research group that tracks shootings and their characteristics in the United States, defines a mass shooting as an incident in which four or more people, excluding the perpetrator(s), are shot in one location at roughly the same time.

15 Likes

It’s the American way!

Terry Crews Middle Finger GIF by Idiocracy

Wonder Years Reaction GIF

20 Likes

People suck.

9 Likes

There’s also the interesting detail that the Walmart is off of a street called Battlefield Blvd.

7 Likes

Wal~Tables Pollyanna Road, how may we help?
Welcome to Wendy’s Reliable Narrator Parkway, what up?
Jack In The Box 8838 Wholsome Rise, what beckons your belly?

6 Likes

… they also track what they call “mass murders,” i.e. shootings with at least four fatalities

That’s about one per week

5 Likes

It doesn’t take many suckers with guns to make us all look bad; however, on the whole, people are pretty okay.

7 Likes

Now, now… we’re all just as bad as mass shooters! /s

6 Likes

Well, there is the actual meaning of “a few bad apples” to consider, but I don’t think we are anywhere near the flood the planet stage yet. Oh, wait. He promised not to ever do that again. So…not near the mass extinction meteor strike stage yet*

*Never trust the guy that created the Devil to not find a way to weasleword a contract

3 Likes

I used to work at a Sam’s Club, and they did allow open carry. It’s a state law here and a lot of places, although employers are allowed to forbid employees to carry on the job.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.