At least two dead after man opens fire at Mississippi Walmart

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/30/at-least-two-dead-after-man-op.html

2 Likes

Yet a-fucking-gain:

40 Likes

tumblr_44b88f481da810cce089d429d6eacdcc_6fe1b59f_640

37 Likes

No way to prevent this, cry America’s ammosexuals in response before boring us with technical minutiae.

32 Likes

Thoughts and prayers… /s

12 Likes

I’m not sure what would have happened if there hadn’t been a prayer circle nearby. So fortunate.

15 Likes

“We interrupt our coverage of this mass shooting to bring sad news of another mass shooting.”

24 Likes

How else do you summon Moloch?

8 Likes

Yeah, those scared people trying to comfort themselves after someone murdered people at their workplace is a real outrage.

Doubly appropriate because this is just a “run of the mill” mass shooting that happens literally almost every day in this country. The kind where it’s someone with a gun and poor impulse control who just got pissed off at one or more people and where bystanders became collateral damage, rather than someone looking to create maximum carnage by attacking strangers.

What the “good guys with guns” advocates miss is that this is the kind of shooter who may have previously been considered a “good guy.” The more “good guys” with guns, the more shootings like this end up happening. (Not that the “good guy” argument gains much traction in the Gilroy situation either, where a cop got to the shooter and stopped him within a minute - everyone shot was hurt within 60 seconds.)

24 Likes

Maybe they were praying for the NRA to fuck off and die. I doubt it, of course, but who knows?
And the comment you replied to did not seem anything like outrage, more like mild sarcasm. But to some of us it IS outrageous that prayer seems like the main response to such incidents, not outrage and direct action to stop them happening again, by having tighter regulation on the availability of deadly weapons generally.

23 Likes

He was fired for pulling a knife at work days earlier, tho. I think that’s premeditation.

18 Likes

I wonder if he bought the gun(s) and ammo at that Walmart.

8 Likes

Well Regulated™ my friends!

5 Likes

Yeah. America is in thrall to Mammon and to Moloch, sacrificing the lives of the innocent on the altars of money and guns.

7 Likes

Let’s talk about mental health care!

1 Like

There’s also poor impulse control going on here, too. As pulling a knife at work shows…

10 Likes

I belive you forgot that /s tag, right?

3 Likes

I know you meant this ironically, given the earlier derail in the other mass shooting and subsequent discussion around mental health, but let’s not let Poe’s law lead to misunderstandings here.

17 Likes

It’s infinitely recursive.

1 Like