60 killed in bombing outside Kabul airport; ISIS blamed for attack

I like the Kurds too. They need their own nation. But IIRC they were interested in defending their area, and not try and take over Syria.

4 Likes

At least America is clearly great! The place I grew up in and have been told is the greatest place on the planet my entire life. /s

9 Likes

Amen!

salute

/s

8 Likes

isil and the tallyban are fighting each other, and so are the rethugs. Sweet. ???

That is fucking terrifyingly appalling.

8 Likes

I wish those suicidal dickheads would just off themselves and leave everyone else alone! Why is it so important for these assholes to harm so many others when they’re angry and want to die? Trying to understand the motives of such disturbed people is impossible.

4 Likes

According to an expert on CNN, ISIS-k considers the Taliban “too moderate”. :exploding_head:

Let that sink in for a minute.

7 Likes

Shock What GIF

5 Likes

5 Likes

Chances the US trades intel on ISIS in exchange for more time from the Taliban for the exit deadline?

4 Likes

“For the enemy who escapes, golden bridges.”
Except in this case ISIS-k are not the Talibans and still have an enemy.

3 Likes
3 Likes

ISIS’s stated aim is an Islamic caliphate
Taliban (Afghan) is concerned with Afghanistan

There is obviously more to it than that.

4 Likes

I feel that the motivation to become a suicide bomber is the same that leads people to join any armed group; paramilitary or military. A sense of belonging to something larger than themself, a source of food, shelter and security, and the result of indoctrination.

The difference in mindset between a soldier pushing home an attack against stiff opposition probably isn’t much different to the guy carrying a backpack in to a crowded area. Both are willing to give up their lives for a cause they have been told is just and needful, or the wish to protect their comrades from injury or death.

Like in WW2, where Kamikaze pilots were characterized as fanatics; while VT-8’s suicidal attack on the Japanese carriers has been hailed as heroic; both from the point of view of the Allies, of course.

Of course, the motivations of the commanders sending these footsoldiers in to danger may well not align with the stated reason for the attacks. :roll_eyes::sob:

11 Likes

IS believe that all Muslims should support the Caliphate (i.e. themselves) and that jihadi groups that do not accept their leadership have no legitimate reason for existing. They prioritise “purifying” Muslim society and fighting “apostates” over fighting non-Muslim enemies.

5 Likes

Have a look at the Haqqani Network link between the Taliban and ISKP

1 Like

IS-K may have a covert relationship with the Taliban, but in principle Islamic State believe that the Taliban – like all Muslim states and fighting groups not loyal to the Caliphate – are illegitimate.

As a self-proclaimed worldwide caliphate, ISIL claims religious, political and military authority over all Muslims worldwide,[105] and that “the legality of all emirates, groups, states, and organisations, becomes null by the expansion of the khilāfah’s [caliphate’s] authority and arrival of its troops to their areas”.[167]

3 Likes

I’m tempted to try scanning that ISIL symbol with a QR Reader; though I’m scared to find where I might end up.

2 Likes

This isn’t the Taliban, but a group that would like to see the Taliban out of power. Destroying tentative agreements with the US and providing a PR black eye for the new government helps them. People in the US, and allied countries, failing to make that distinction is a key thing that ISIS-K counts on. If the US becomes more directly belligerent with the Taliban it leaves the situation fluid enough for them to have a better chance at seizing some power for themselves than if the Taliban solidifies their power and is left alone by the international community.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.