69-year-old man sues to legally change his age because he identifies as a 49-year-old

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/09/69-year-old-man-sues-to-legall.html

5 Likes

And I’m still 18, up here (pointing to my head). Not so young elsewhere.

15 Likes

If this passes it opens him up to law suits from friends and relatives who gave him 20 years worth of not-birthday presents.

41 Likes

This is like the guy who wanted to marry his laptop because “the gays” or some such garbage.

28 Likes

My first reaction was that he’s trolling transgendered people and those who accept them. But am I like the people who mocked gender pioneers?

All I know is, that’s a rough 49.

27 Likes

I kinda hope the court does rule in his favor and he loses his pension.

13 Likes

Agreed, he’s pushing pretty hard, but still obviously trolling trans people.

18 Likes

Yeah, if there were some biological test for non-chronological age standards, he’d still be lying about his age. I mean, I’m 54, and I don’t look that bad. Or so I’ve been told.

8 Likes

What a catch, eh ladies? They’ll be lining up to claim this prize, yesiree.

21 Likes

I just assumed “69” on a Tinder profile would be a good thing.

The%20More%20You%20Know

28 Likes

As They say: “It’s not the years, it’s the miles”

10 Likes

so can I legally identify as 65 and retire 30 years early then

36 Likes

Yes but you are legally obliged to die at your actuarially established life expectancy date.

27 Likes

Ah yes, the famous case of Umad.jpeg v. State.

4 Likes

On one hand, our collective measurement of time is like money in that it works only because we all agree to it. If he chooses to measure time differently that is his prerogative.

On the other hand, he’s asking the government to change their official document based on his own perception of time and it’s not one that they share so they’re under no obligation to do it.

On a third imaginary hand, this guy comes off as a bit of a tool that is likely egotistical enough to not realize how his voiced desire to “identify” as something could be seen as mocking the daily fight transgender people go through to be recognized as who they are.

This too shall pass.

14 Likes

To a higher power: “So. sue me!”

4 Likes

Nearly everyone would love to change their age, but you cant physically change your age like you can your gender with an operation and hormone therapy.

4 Likes

The Dutchman describes himself as a "young god."

Um, Ok…

20 Likes

Well look, most gods have been around for thousands of years. Even a young god is still quite old.

10 Likes

I’m 47, and a cancer survivor, there is no way in hell I’m going to look as old as him in two years.

Fucker looks older then my dad.

I get it, getting old sucks, but he is the ONLY person who thinks he looks 49.

22 Likes