69-year-old man sues to legally change his age because he identifies as a 49-year-old

No there isn’t an analytic equivalence.

One is a troll. The other is a group of people that have existed in all populations and throughout all history.

It’s also incorrect to describe those who don’t meet the biological binary as being a tiny group. At 1% using a more traditional approach, but much more if one uses mosaicism, we’re talking about more than the number of Jewish people in the world. That’s s tiny group of 75 million people? Or two Californias or one France to put that in perspective.

https://www.nature.com/news/sex-redefined-1.16943#/spectrum

16 Likes

That argument breaks down in that transgender discrimination increases when we transition- you’re saying that this purported age self identification decreases when they come out in their farcical condition.

So - not equivalent. Actually opposite.

15 Likes

In this case, I am two women and I would like to vote twice and also claim my other uterus and vagina as a dependent on my taxes. Objectively, if possession of a uterus and vagina makes one female, having two of each must make me two females.

19 Likes

Yes. Godhead. Shitbody.

That makes so much sense. Follow the hormones. It’s like “follow the money”, but more so.

<unrelated observation>
“Moreso” isn’t a word. It’s always only “more so”. I imagine most people know that, but it was news to me, delivered just now by a spellcheck underline and a web search.
</unrelated observation>

1 Like

Damnfool should have done it when he was 62 and changed it to 26.

I feel 26 or better, most days, but my numerous collection of wrinkles refuses to concede.

Great. Except everyone gets the same deal, age-wise; you don’t tend to get many hate crimes happening to old folk just because they’re old, sure, but because they tend to be weaker and unable to defend themselves they sure do get mugged a lot.
Tell me again how that small percentage of trans people don’t really matter, because statistically there aren’t many of us.

12 Likes

“Let’s see, here, it says that you are petitioning to be tried as a minor for your crimes listed here.”

“Yes sir, I identify as 16, which makes me a minor.”

“I see, and it says here you live in Shady Acres home for retired people, ages 55 and up?”

“Yes sir, at the time I applied to live there I identified as 65.”

“And it says here you currently are on a fixed income, collecting Social Security.”

“Yes sir, as I have applied to be registered as retired to begin collecting my social security benefits.”

“But it also lists here you are employed?”

“Yes, from 8:30am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, I identify as 40 years old and work at Hot Rod’s Used Car Emporium.”

“So in the details of this case, it has here your statement of the events of the day, starting with picking up your 16 year old girlfriend at or around noon.”

“Yes sir. And while that may seem odd to some folks, I was identified as 16 at the time.”

“It says here you then proceeded to Big Tony’s Liquor, purchased wine coolers, vodka, and 7-Up and a bag of ice?”

“Yes, I was identified as 21 at the time.”

“You then proceeded to Enterprise Rent A Car and rented a red Mustang, is that correct?”

“Yes, I identified as 40 at that time so I could get a better discount. But it was a special occasion and I wanted something nice for our day trip.”

“From there you crossed the state lines with a minor and proceeded to a bed and breakfast?”

“Well, at the time, she identified as 21. So she wasn’t a minor.”

“But you were 16?”

“No, at that time, during the drive, I was 25.”

“And you then proceeded to Mulberry Hill Bed and Breakfast, enjoyed a dinner, retired to your room, engaged in underage drinking with a minor, then proceeded to have sex with a minor.”

“Well, not exactly. At the time we were drinking, we were both identified as being 21. When we decided to make love we both identified as 16.”

“So you were 21 while drinking, but 16 while having sex? Why not just remain 21 during sex?”

“It’s hotter that way.”

“So what is your actual, chronological age?”

“Age ain’t nothing but a number, sir.”

The court deliberation and ensuing judgements from this and other cases lead to the destruction of society. Now toddlers were running Fortune 500 companies as tyrants. 70 year old with dementia were learning the alphabet in kindergartens. People who’s only experience driving was playing Mario Cart on the Wii were now legally on the road. And chaos reigned…

12 Likes

Sometimes the Ad Absurdum really does show something as a fucking silly idea, doesn’t it?

6 Likes

Yeah, the whole reductionist narrative that gets trotted out by transphobes, that there are binary sexes and a few “abnormal” people who don’t fit in, could be more accurately described as “complete and utter ignorant horseshit.”
There was a great Twitter thread by an endocrinologist about how biological sex isn’t remotely binary and it’s actually way more complicated than a simple spectrum - in fact, every sex indicator is its own spectrum, and they all stack but don’t even necessarily correspond with each other:

So it’s not just 1% - it’s more like 100%; as he puts it, “There’s nothing stopping us from binning EVERY INDIVIDUAL into their own [sex category].” (With these categories actually being medically significant.)

I’m not sure if Jonathan himself is profoundly ignorant or just driving trollies (I’m leaning toward the latter).

16 Likes

Since I never said that in the first place, I can hardly say it again? I can point out that there are more car crashes than motorcycle crashes (which is true, because many more people drive cars than motorcycles) without saying or implying that motorcycle crashes don’t matter.

The phrasing of your “argument” heavily implies that dismissive sentiment;
especially referring to trans-folks as a “tiny minority with chromosomal abnormalities.”

Using language like makes that you sound like a transphobic trolley.

15 Likes

That’s obviously nonsense, as demonstrated by the fact that human rights codes usually have sections that prohibit age discrimination. Age discrimination is indeed a thing, whether in job opportunities, what prison you go to or the sentence you get (in this case it’s positive discrimination…a grandfather will generally get a better deal than some young punk), or socially (“ugh” reactions to a 70 yr old dating a 25 yr old). Some of this discrimination may be justified; some of it is not (hence the human rights code prohibitions).

20 and 30-something women choosing not to fuck a 70 year old man because they don’t find him physically appealing is not “discrimination;” it’s a personal preference to which they are entitled as human beings with agency over their own bodies.

No one is “owed” sex, or physical intimacy, ever.

The man’s claims are indefensible egotistical bullshit, the false lament of an individual in denial of reality.

16 Likes

I never said that either. If you bothered reading and comprehending rather than reacting, you’d see I was referring to chromosomally intersex folks, not trans folks (they are not at all the same; very few trans people have chromosomal abnormalities). There was nothing “dismissive” about what I said. And by the way, 'abnormality" in that context is strictly descriptive, not normative.

Did I mention personal choice? I said (society’s) “ugh” reaction". Men who arent gay don’t find other men physically appealing. However if they respond to the idea of men having sex with other men with “ugh” or disgust that’s a bigotted reaction. Same thing. Straw-person after straw-person.

The fuck if you didnt, guy:

That’s a direct quote from you, regardless if you meant intersex folks or trans-folks, (a distinction that you failed to include.)

On the contrary, everything that you’re saying is coming off as being dismissive and snide in defense of some random douchebag with delusions of grandeur.

Keep stealth editing and playing the White Knight; it does nothing to make your “argument” any more valid.

15 Likes

You do understand that sex and gender aren’t the same thing, right? Nowhere did I say that trans people have chromosomal abnormalities, which is what you accused me of. Yes, intersex folks often do have chromosomal abnormalities, and it is a pretty rare condition. Those are facts. So what? That doesn’t mean they deserve to be discriminated against

13 Likes

https://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(07)01228-9/abstract

Conclusion(s)

These data support CYP17 as a candidate gene of FtM transsexualism and indicate that loss of a female-specific CYP17 T −34C allele distribution pattern is associated with FtM transsexualism.

10 Likes