69-year-old man sues to legally change his age because he identifies as a 49-year-old

It’s more complex than that. https://arcdigital.media/is-sex-binary-16bec97d161e

But the relevant take-away from that article is:
" But not only are the claimed biological facts far from established, this particular use of biology to guide social and legal issues is completely misguided in the first place. Transgender people, just like anyone else, should be free to live and work without being stigmatized, harassed, or disrespected. Whether sex is binary, a spectrum, or whether there are 42 sexes, makes absolutely no difference."

Yep, those who claim that transgender is “just a choice” are full-of-it. Born that way. Not that it should matter if it were just a choice.

7 Likes

When a transgender person seeks to legally change their gender identity the goal is generally not to avoid discrimination or to “deceive” others about their biology; most trans people are pretty up-front with their sexual partners when it comes to their biological sex.

So when a 69-year-old man explicitly states he wants to be legally recognized as a 49-year-old so he can hook up with younger women on Tinder and compares his plight to that of trans people then yeah, it comes off as a pretty transparent attempt at driving trollies.

15 Likes

Thanks for bringing us back around to the actual topic at hand; I’m damn near dizzy from all the goalpost moving, back-pedaling & 180 degree whiplash turns…

14 Likes

I agree. To add to that, I would suppose that the majority of trans people who choose to transition privately, or “stealth”, do so for safety reasons or to cope with the difficulty of transitioning, not in any attempt to deceive.
Unfortunately, that term “stealth” leads asshats to discriminate further.

12 Likes

It seems more comparable to Rachel Dolezal, who also compared herself to transgender people, and used an identical argument, but who wasn’t driving trollies them. I’m surprised nobody has mentioned her yet. Possibly he’s just driving trollies transgender people, but since he had to spend his own money on the lawsuit, it seems more likely he’s after publicity first and foremost. Whatever his motives, it doesn’t affect whether his argument is valid or not (ad hominem)

He’s driving trollies and demeaning transgender people as a means of seeking publicity, and people like you give him legitimacy when you argue his claims have merit.

15 Likes

Is he also driving trollies and demeaning those who change their names? I don’t think so. So why selectively jump on the “transgender” part? If his purpose was to put down transgender people, why mention name changing? It probably wasn’t his purpose, even if that is the effect.

To an extent, yes. But we’re not focusing on that aspect because

• Names are arbitrary labels, not objectively quantitative values
  • People who change their names haven’t faced systemic discrimination for most of human history
  • Changing your name doesn’t change the way society is legally obligated to treat you
  • There isn’t a widespread concerted effort to dehumanize people who want the legal right to change their names
13 Likes

I disagree that he’s doing that to any extent at all. I think it’s more likely he simply wants to be like 80 yr old Berlusconi with his “bunga-bunga” parties with 20 yr olds. This is Italy we are talking about.

He’s Dutch, and transphobic. Gee, it’s hard to keep all these facts straight in here tonight…

14 Likes

That is just one of the many facts you are wrong about in this thread. The Netherlands is not Italy.

13 Likes

And it sounds like he’s a lecherous old fuck, to boot.

So most people more half your age don’t want to bang you, Methuselah; that’s life, deal with it.

Also, holy fucksocks at using the delusional disgrace that is Rachel Dolezal as example to support one’s flawed argument…

17 Likes

Yup, it’s not his Dutch-ness nor his age that puts me off him.
Any more of that wine?

11 Likes

11 Likes

To my knowledge even she never sought legal recognition of her race identity.

10 Likes

wine

12 Likes

If she had, she’d be an even bigger joke amongst the Black community than she already is

@Tamsin_Bailey:

12 Likes

Lafayette was bad-ass!
RIP Nelsan Ellis.

7 Likes