70+ internet pioneers to the EU: you are transforming the internet into a "tool for automated surveillance and control" SHARE THIS!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/12/contact-your-mep.html

6 Likes

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a take-down notice.

5 Likes

Interesting. Now I wish the same people would use their power to issue a similar letter against the mass surveillance performed by Silicon Valley companies like Facebook, but especially Google, and demand that they be regulated, and that they be prohibited from tracking people’s whereabouts, political opinions, friendships, etc.

Many companies are guilty of this, but the most noxious and dangerous is the military contractor with a wide array of intelligence ties which was originally based on research funded by the US military: Google.

They are a much bigger threat, not just to Internet freedom but to our physical freedom, than even this EU proposal. Where are you, Internet pioneers?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the Eurocrats already know exactly what they’re doing.

3 Likes

that will ban linking to news articles without permission

This is a lie. The proposals explicitly say hyperlinking is fine.

I really want some honest information about what’s happening, because it does seem to be a bad thing, but those opposing the proposals just keep lying about what they mean, so I don’t know what to think.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.