70 years of douchebag style

Same here. I still keep a pair of Wayfarers in my car. I never took it to the douche level of Vuarnet though.

1 Like

I want to punch that guy in the face. I want to punch that guy in the face. I want to punch that guy in the face. I want to punch that guy in the face…

So many decades of guys now gone that I’ll never get to punch in the face. Should old acquaintance be forgot, …

1 Like

Death, Taxes, The World Will Make You More Punchable Faces.

Oh God do I remember the 90s guy.

Penultimate douchedom has been reached by the spray tan crowd

“Man Bun” is such an insecure term.
It’s a bun - a hair-bun. No big deal.
And guys with long hair sometimes have to / want to wear their hair up.
Willie Nelson wears his hair in braids. See how there’s no gendered adjective*
It’s. Just. That. Easy.

*not totally sure the ‘man’ of man-bun is an adjective - but you get the point.

Given the number of times you’ve huffily responded to threads about man-buns (including an entire man-bun thread from 2017), I’m guessing you’re pretty sensitive about your man-bun.

2 Likes

Wait. You went through my posting history? Wow. Weird.
And, yeah, I’ll probably pipe up when fragile-masculinity is being perpetuated. I expect better of BB and its readers. I have a similar petty problem with the term “guy-liner.”
Also, I don’t have long enough hair to do a bun. But I do like the look.

No, I remembered you as the only person on the BBS who vehemently defended man-buns over multiple threads, over and over again. It’s such an odd thing to stand up for that it stuck in my mind when you responded again to insult the readers and editors here.

2 Likes

I’ll defend men’s buns
Every. Damn. Time.

1 Like

Volunteering??

If you’re so versed in my hair bun posts you’d see that I’m not ‘defending’ male hair buns - I’m dissing the term “man-bun” as dumb and weak.
And I’ll keep doing it. Fragile-masculinity is not a good look even in silly instances like the term “man-bun” (which certainly can look good).

First they came for the mullets, and I did not speak out—
Because I didn’t have a mullet.

Then they came for the manbuns, and I did not speak out—
Because I didn’t have a manbun.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me. :cry::grin:

I don’t think anyone needs to die on this hill today. :rescue_worker_helmet::white_flag::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.