8-year-old boy drives to McDonald's after quick driving tutorial on YouTube

You can add Ohio to your list. Don’t believe me? Ask anyone who lives in Michigan.

5 Likes

You think that craving a cheeseburger after bedtime is a reliable sign the kids haven’t had dinner?

Well, we’ve identified one person who’s never looked after an eight year old having a growth spurt.

14 Likes

This happened in America and miraculously, no charges were filed.

5 Likes

This is Oregon. We’re all high … at work!

5 Likes

Was he able to reach the pedals using these?

12 Likes

Kid’s parents must be proud of their little self-starter. Terrified as well.

“Mommy? How do you spell ‘parkour’?”

“Get off the computer!!”

25 Likes

While my children are no longer 8, I often these days go to bed as early as 8:00. Why? Because I get my ass up at 3:30 in the morning so I have time to work on my novel before I leave for work. I write better in the morning. So I won’t/can’t judge them based on that simple fact, there’s probably lots of reasons this could be.

7 Likes

Umm… sorry? :slight_smile: Didn’t mean to pile on, but it didn’t strike me as a joke at the time (text is so emotionless, it can be hard to tell online). Carry on, Joey.

8 Likes

Oh, so wrong. Maybe a bit right – as I recall The Boy’s pac-man emulating growth ‘spurt’ lasted from the time he was about 7 until … well, he’s 19. I`m not sure it’s done yet, though in my opinion 6’1"and size 13 feet is bloody enough now. That said, I also went to bed early (my roommate called it ‘reverse sleeping in’), but never until the boy was asleep (8ish), and yep, there damn well were snacks a-plenty between dinner and bed.
For me, the combination of all these things, ending with the grandparents retrieving them, sent up a bunch of flags.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think this is one of those things that all states think is a local culture thing. Kinda like when people say “Our [cultural group] really values family” or “We [ethnic group] really love food”

3 Likes

Exactly this. The lack of police overreaction is amazing.

4 Likes

Do you know anyone who accepts trade-ins???

15 Likes

We’re all too tired from having kids to have picked up on it? :wink:

10 Likes

Ah well - for me it’s more like, the dinner portion size that she ate 3/4 of for the past two weeks, and needed some haranguing to get even that much put away, is now “just right”. Which means, just enough to last the next hour, until 20 seconds after the light is out, at which point she discovers she’s staaarrrving and heads back to the kitchen for three pieces of toast, two thick slices of ham, a bowl of granola, and apple, and any other carbohydrates not locked away.

I should find this “finishing her plate on her own” suspicious and immediately serve seconds, until further bites require a harangue - but no, I’m regularly suckered by this.

7 Likes

haha! This, exactly.

2 Likes

And I know Presidenting!

1 Like

SERIOUSLY: kids grow up too fast these days.

2 Likes

I love the way these stories turn into a game of Telephone as distance from source increases. Check out the original reporting (near as I can tell) from the local paper…and then ponder how mis-re-read the information is we get for actual important news ; -)

5 Likes

Logic and a well-reasoned argument!?! Without any incendiary language?!?!? Inconceivable in a reply!

2 Likes

Not me! I like pile ons!

2 Likes