Busted: 5-year-old driving car on Utah freeway

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/04/utah-5-year-old-driver.html

3 Likes

One one hand you have to admire his ability to drive on the freeway at a young age. Surprised he could reach the pedals. Chutzpah and early skill needs to be acknowledged even if it was naughty.

One the other hand, he borrowed the car without asking.

13 Likes

Complete violation of privacy. If I was familiar with that family and the distinctive blanket they have in their car, I’d be able to identify them.

1 Like

That kid looks huge for a 5 year old! My kid, while small for her age, could never have physically driven a car. She’d have to be like Short Round in Indian Jones and have blocks on her feet and a booster seat and even then I am not sure how it would work.

I think those are shorts. Though I am betting if you KNOW the family, you would hear about it eventually.

11 Likes

Oops, yeah, shorts. Combined with the shirt, pretty much anybody who knows the kid should be able to identify him.

My niece is 12 and I still don’t think she can reach the pedals. She is doomed to shortness from both parents.I got all the height in the family.

5 Likes

wasn’t this the plot of an episode of CHiPS?

4 Likes

Based on the photo, the young man’s face is a portal to a land of centipedes.

23 Likes

11 Likes

Maybe I’m missing a joke here, but that is a deeply disturbing facial blur.

15 Likes

If they cared about their privacy, they would make sure their five-year-old did steal the car.

1 Like

All for free range kids, but maybe this is a a tad much.

13 Likes

See I think they are much tastier when raised like veal or Wagyu beef.

3 Likes

They are “Elders” at 18, so maybe this makes sense.

1 Like

“How old are you kid?”

“Ummm… 5?”

5 YEAR OLD FOUND DRIVING ON FREEWAY IN PARENT’S CAR!

4 Likes

OH shit, no wonder Alex Jones is chomping at the bit to eat his neighbors…

3 Likes

I’d be a bit more concerned that his dad is clearly the antagonist from Day Of The Tentacle

1 Like

Maybe he’s a sandworm pretending to be a 5 year old kid.

6 Likes

That and nobody will deliver to his home anymore.

2 Likes

OK, but where was he going?

6 Likes