8BitDo M Edition: a modern mechanical keyboard reminiscent of IBM’s famed Model M

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/30/8bitdo-m-edition-a-modern-mechanical-keyboard-reminiscent-of-ibms-famed-model-m.html

5 Likes

TIL that this wasn’t the original Jake Likes Onions cartoon - some swine used PhOtOsHoP - I can tell by teh pixuls:

8 Likes

Thank you for the head’s up on the Unicomp New M! Bookmarked and looking forward to one day adding to my collection (it’s not a big collection, honest!).

1 Like

Can I commit sacrilege, and get one with Cherry Brown equivalent keys?

1 Like

I have a Model M, and it’s perfect for my hands, but I need to do a bolt mod to get all the keys working again.

If the key size and spacing are the same, I might consider a newer keyboard.

I love my 8bitdo controllers, but with so many keyboards available that run on the excellent and open source QMK firmware I personally would not choose a keyboard that runs on closed source.

Check Keyrchron and Nuphy, they both offer a range of keyboards with similar layout, hotswappable keys etc. that run on QMK. They all von be configured through VIA in your browser, which is a breeze.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.