911 tape: Lauren Boebert's sex offender husband threatens neighbors

Originally published at: 911 tape: Lauren Boebert's sex offender husband threatens neighbors | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Ass-pen.

16 Likes

a drunken bully who menaces neighbors with impunity

AKA the kind of “leader” MAGAts worship.

25 Likes

In the nerdy lab world we worry endlessly about our yields and our filtration/separator efficiency; the modern republican party sure seems nigh onto 100% efficiency at separating out the very worst of society. Having self identified it’s just a bloody shame that they can’t all be routed to get on a separate life boat or some-such. (obvious Doug Adams reference) -sigh-

17 Likes

Of course it’s spelled with a Y

21 Likes

Well, a baseball bat applied to appropriate parts of his car after the hours of darkness might be considered reasonable payback. By person or persons unknown, of course… :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

7 Likes

If the cops won’t do it, we’re left with rough justice.

7 Likes

Since this is Colorado, CRS 18-1-704.5 would allow the neighbors to move straight toward the ‘apply lethal force’ stage if he decides to menace anyone inside their house.

Otherwise they are limited to ‘reasonably necessary’ force. (which might be lethal force, when dealing with a known criminal firearm fetishist; but that isn’t directly specified, unlike the in-home case where it is made explicit that you need not attempt to minimize or restrict to ‘reasonable’ the force used; nor are you required to prefer retreat even when it is an option.)

8 Likes

Nope, applying a baseball bat to his car would be illegal.

Now putting up a new mailbox on a steel post set in cement that is wrapped around with a nice decorative wooden box is AFAIK perfectly legal. If his car should suffer damage if he runs into it a second time, you were just trying to make sure that your mailbox wouldn’t suffer any appreciable damage if the incident recurred.

15 Likes

From the article:

The calls also provide additional context into what the neighbors, in Silt, said amounted to excessive speeding, property damage, possible drunken driving and threats made from a man whose family openly and regularly carries their firearms.

“I’m sure he’s loaded to the hilt. Do you know who his wife is? Lauren Boebert. She’s loaded. They all have guns,” one neighbor told a 911 dispatcher. “He just got chest to chest, face to face, looking to fight.”

10 Likes

I fucking hate bullies. Hence, I am far from being a Republican.

8 Likes

I’m not sure I’d take that chance. Here’s an incidence where somebody did just that, the driver ended up paralyzed. The state supreme court ultimately ruled the mailbox owner was not liable but someone, who wasn’t the cause of the mailbox owners frustrations, is now paralyzed.

I don’t think I could live with myself if I did something out of spite or to get back at someone and it caused life changing injuries to another motorist.

4 Likes

I’m sure Boebert would support a stand your ground defense.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.