Lauren Boebert's son called 911 accusing his father of "throwing me around" the house

Originally published at: Lauren Boebert's son called 911 accusing his father of "throwing me around" the house | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Another Family Values Moment™ brought to you by the GOP

14 Likes

Poor kid. I hope that the fruit is able to roll far from the tree.

34 Likes

Get this sick woman out of office.

15 Likes

“Every teenage boy is going to want to test the bull. … We’ve gotten over it.”

Wait what? The father explains that the boy challenged his authority and needed a beating, so no further action was needed?

25 Likes

Trailer Park Life.

Trash in trash out.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s… just such an awful way to raise a child. American boys already have to contend with so much toxic masculinity. Well, all kids do, actually, but with boys it comes with the added expectation that this is the way to be a “real man”.

God, I’m so glad I got out of that world.

24 Likes

Hey, careful now. Don’t make me get @anon33932455 or @anon85524460 down here to explain why we are not at home to dissing the marginalized.

20 Likes

So much for an armed society being a polite society.

12 Likes

I definitely want her out of office, but not because of this. Yes, it’s terrible that she covered for her husband, but abused spouses do this all the time. While we don’t know for certain that Boebert was abused, I would bet a lot of money that she was. That excuses none of her behavior as a Congressional Representative, of course, but I’m not going to judge her for this incident. I’ll judge her for the 100 other horrible things she’s done as a Representative.

12 Likes

I will. As a DV survivor and a child of a DV riddled household full of toxic patriarchy I will hold her accountable for her role in her own family dysfunction and the dysfunction she is forcing on other families because of her job. If she’s in denial about this or if she ideologically supports it then that does say something horrible about her judgement and fitness for her job imo. Her choices and her judgement are bad and I see it as no better than a person in the grips of an active addition trying to pass laws that further support their own bad habits.

Maybe I do have sympathy, but for me “sympathy” doesn’t justify enabling this behavior or the sick worldview she subscribes to in order to justify her terrible life choices. She has done nothing but champion and normalize DV and child abuse politically and she can’t just walk away from that because she puts her money where her mouth is when it comes to abusing her own kids.

26 Likes

Not sure I’m a fan of being namechecked, but the sentiment stands. Casting all people who’ve ever lived in a trailer as trash in , trash out is a shitty look.

EDIT TO ADD:

Especially in a society where people who own trailers actually OWN their home when the vast majority of us probably are going to be renting for the remainder of our lives at this rate.

17 Likes

Again, I will and do judge her for everything she’s done in her capacity as a politician. I am 100% with you there. I’m not giving her a pass. I’m just not willing to judge her for this, and only this, one incident. I recognize, however, that as I am not a DV survivor, my perspective is from a more privileged position. I’m sorry you went through that.

8 Likes

Especially when people who rent lots for their trailers are some of the most viciously exploited people too. It’s just mean to pick on a group of people that are, statistically, not the cause of most of the social ills they are identified with or stereotyped by when those very stereotypes are used to oppress them.

16 Likes

Warren Buffett actually owns most of the trailers.

6 Likes

Yep this. She’s a fucking awful human being, and she spreads misery to countless people. If she’s a victim of DV she has my honest, deepest sympathy for that horrible situation. I hope she can escape, and take some time away from things, especially politics, to recover.

15 Likes

10 Likes

If she’s a victim than she should get some compassion and sympathy but she does make it hard when she’s out there spewing this hate.

11 Likes

Okay, I’ll just call them garbage people.

I don’t care where they live.

Deplorable garbage people.

12 Likes

Yep. It’s weird. I can’t pretend to understand the mind space of someone enduring DV (of which we have no evidence here either way). But having worked with survivors, I know it’s not something I’m qualified to speculate about. She’s first-class garbage as a person. She should get out of politics regardless. Doubly so if her she needs help.

9 Likes