A 2nd Kentucky shooting kills one and injures another at a college — both in Louisville, hours apart

Originally published at: A 2nd Kentucky shooting kills one and injures another at a college — both in Louisville, hours apart | Boing Boing

3 Likes

26 Likes

Republican politicians don’t like getting blamed for gun deaths, but they are somehow incapable of introducing sensible legislation to make gun deaths less frequent. They know that it is up to them to solve this problem. They are cowards.

21 Likes

Citation needed.

I’d wager that they get off on it.

13 Likes

Here’s my citation:

19 Likes

That’s still in the realm of

16 Likes

What’s weird to me is that apparently Republican men don’t care if their kids are shot at school. Or at least, they would still vote for Republicans/guns even if their kids were shot.

14 Likes

“Act of evil” can just mean bad. When Republican lawmakers use it, it’s more likely to mean, “this is something only church can fix.”

12 Likes

I’ll just note the Republican women sure are still voting that way.

20 Likes

Easily available guns, instant “background check” or gun show loophole, no waiting, nope, nothing in common between these two events.

22 Likes

Many just cut out the middleman and shoot their kids themselves.

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

16 Likes

Toxic masculinity is a hell of a drug

Yeah.

Black Veil Drama GIF by Underground

14 Likes

“unrelated” “targeted” anything but the guns can be blamed.

6 Likes

fewer women all the time though

12 Likes

We are rapidly approaching the point in which some community in the United States suffers a mass shooting that is interrupted by another unrelated mass shooting.

19 Likes

We don’t care if kids get killed, we don’t care that we support outright evil, but now it might drive away our base? Oh, it’s women. That don’t matter, they’ll vote how their husbands tell them to.

12 Likes

If you outlaw abortion then there will always be enough kids for the shootings, so why give up guns?

I was being sarcastic and then thought maybe that’s the policy.

16 Likes

It’s so unfortunate that there’s absolutely nothing we can do about these mass shootings. It’s just the cost of freedom, and a sacrifice we must all bear for the greater good. /s

4 Likes

The Aristocrats! America!

First thought: Dark humor
Second thought: Statistically speaking, it’s eventually going to happen…
Third thought: Wait, how do we know it hasn’t already happened?

9 Likes

Fourth thought: I need my barf bucket!

4 Likes