A 37-year-old man woke up last year thinking he was 16. He still doesn't remember his wife and daughter

A must! I walk nearly everyday. I used to run, but arthritis ate me cartilage. Both activities help clear the head, for me at least.

As to Supression, maybe, I don’t know. He could’ve had a series of mini-strokes and not told anyone he was feeling weird. He could have had a delayed reaction to having the closet bowling ball fall off the shelf and onto his head. It could be a lot of maybes.

It sure as HELL could be that his ATMAN said, " Fuck this shit! It sucks! I’m out!". Still, armchair diagnosis isn’t fair.

Everyday I look in the mirror, I’m surprised by my reaction. *Sometimes I see a nice older gent who made it this far and why not? Sometimes I see a really confused teenager wondering what the Hell happened! Sometimes I see an exhausted old man who can’t believe what a pack of B.S. he’s been fed his whole life and really, it all seems hopeless. Sometimes I see a guy who can’t wait to have Dave’s Whole Wheat Seed Bread smothered in peanut butter and that will just hit the spot!

Sometimes I just see a guy tending his tiny corner of the world, with his wonderful wife, and both think it’s been OK just because we were able to do it together, whatever the Hell it is or purports to be.

8 Likes

Got those Santa Rosa brand boots! Thanks for the recommendation! Love’em!

I follow your point, we are all of us many in one shell, no denying it. Good to always hear from you!

4 Likes

So 30 some years ago I owned a restaurant with my parents, one evening my mom and I were closing up and I had to go outside for some reason. I must of slipped on the ice and hit the back of my head. I came back inside bleeding, I knew my mom but had no idea what I was doing in the restaurant. Went to the hospital where they were very concerned because not only did I not know about the restaurant I did not remember my wife or daughter. The doctors were confident it would clear up in 24 hours but my family was very worried that would not remember I had been sober for several years. It all worked out but very very scary for me and my family.

Can’t imagine what this guy and his family are going through.

In 2016 I had a stroke but according to the emergency room doctor my symptoms were not typical stroke symptoms and since they could not find a bleed or a blockage they started questioning my mental health. At one point a doctor explained to us how some people just wake up one morning and forget they are a man and think they are a woman, he was going to discharge me and refer me to a psychologist.

As he was getting ready to discharge me a neurologist came in and said I wasn’t going anywhere, they found 3 blockages and their location explained my symptoms. I spent 5 days in the hospital and an ER doctor got a lecture.

I hope that man and his family doesn’t give up until they have an answer.

7 Likes

Don’t be surprised if you start seeing my mother—well, that’s what I’ve been seeing when I look in the mirror, anyway :wink:

Wishing the best for this man and his family, whatever’s going on.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.