A 40-foot tall pink flamingo is headed to Black Rock City

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/18/a-40-foot-tall-pink-flamingo-i.html

2 Likes

My installation is 50,000 tons of greenhouse gasses.

10 Likes

Flamingo Butt!!!

4 Likes

Burning Man may have jumped the shark.

8 Likes

“It started with a Pink Flamingo 15 years ago. Next it was the hiring of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour to perform - supposedly for irony. But what started as a joke, eventually saw the avant garde hipster Burning Man become the Skoal Burnin’ Man Redneck Arts and Blues Festival/Monster Truck Rally, this year being hosted by a hologram of legend Ted Nugent.”

11 Likes

I say fill it up with Greek soldiers and present it to Troy as a gift.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Uh… ya think?

And its not like the fan base would care if it did. Expect giant shark-jumping theme camps to celebrate the ingloriois excess of it all.

3 Likes

Erdogan doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to see the humor in that. Though, given his own recent clandestine thug problems, we arguably don’t have strong reasons to care.

4 Likes

people have been saying that since 1996. i have yet to see clear evidence of it.

2 Likes

So creative. :confused: Just hope your neighbors don’t install one of these. As of about 8 months ago I have two 30ft is pink flamingos that stare at me menacingly every evening with their evil glow.

4 Likes

I hope it can swim …

1 Like

Basically Fury Road: Red State Version

Photo credit:
http://atlantafashionpolice.com/2016/1R43D

2 Likes

Yes, thereby equaling the participants’ weekly impact in their default lives, aux environ du Mountain View. All their cycling to work 3 days per week can’t make up for the critical decisions made at work, or for the net CO2 cost of the toro they ate at the business dinner at the end of said week.

Everybody thinks dying for art sounds cool until a 40-foot tall Pink Flamingo goes on a rampage across the Playa.

6 Likes

Mine is quite a bit smaller than that, your reflexive defensive equivalency aside.

If only they left as little trace the other 51 weeks.

I don’t know if that’s anything to go telling everybody.

2 Likes

How so? which thing? everybody? You’ve confused me.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.