A 9-year-old boy who was told by his teacher to stop doodling gets a job as a doodler

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/04/a-9-year-old-boy-who-was-told.html

11 Likes

Talented kid, and it’s awesome that Will Riker is apparently mentoring him (see for ex. 1m20s into the video)

4 Likes

There are good people in the world who understand those of us who work best when our whole brain has something to do. I’m impressed by the variety, yet consistency and cohesiveness of this kids doodle style. It’s so relaxed and stylish.

My notes from our last leadership team meeting below. Not quite 9 anymore (scratches grey beard) and still the only thing anyone ever says is “I love sitting next to you in these meetings”

15 Likes

So his work doesn’t count because he’s just a kid?

1 Like

My bad—I meant exactly the opposite.

3 Likes

Wow, this is good stuff.

2 Likes

Really beautiful work, i’m 100% into it and i’m really happy this kid got the chance to make his dream come true.

7 Likes

Please make it possible for him to meet Sam Cox a.k.a Mr. Doodle. I feel like they are two peas in a pod.

If we pause for a second regards age, preconceptions, context, etc. And just zoom in on the variety, clarity and diversity of doodles this fellow is creating… wow! That’s amazing creativity. A mind unbounded can create amazing stuff.

Keep it up buddy!!!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.