A baboon-proof garbage can can't keep a honey badger from its late night snack

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/14/a-baboon-proof-garbage-can-can.html

5 Likes

Obligatory:

17 Likes

Meh. Call me when it can defeat a raccoon-proof garbage can.

(Just kidding. If raccoons can defeat them, a honey badger probably can too.)

3 Likes

All it takes is some bungee chord, at least that works great for my parents. Though i have heard from people here in the BBS that raccoons in other areas can be much more persistent.

1 Like

Sounds like they need Jack-Jack.

13 Likes

Um… you shouldn’t do that to your parents…

33 Likes

Just imagine what i do to people who arent related to me…

7 Likes

Color me skeptical that this set-up is proven to be “baboon-proof”. (“i’ve known some baboons, Senator, and you’re…”)

9 Likes

I would NOT want to be the person having to open that bin if that honey badger had fallen in.

8 Likes

Honey badger don’t give a shit, it just takes what it wants!

10 Likes

Mmmm, Honey Badger – so hot!

Seriously? A baboon couldn’t figure that out? You gotta be kidding me. Takes the baboon down a few pegs in my eyes, for sure.

1 Like

Notice she makes good use of the hoop as a step.

Came for this and almost lost faith in the BB community

1 Like

If I had honey badgers in my neighborhood, I’d buy hams and crowdsource a bunch of Rube Goldberg contraptions and turn the place into the Honey Badger Proving Grounds.

I know it’s not feasible, but let me dream a little.

2 Likes

We will have a honey badger-proof container when we can cause honey badger to care.

4 Likes

Yeah, seriously, that looks baboon-easy, not baboon-proof. Unless someone forgot to lock it or something.

2 Likes

@Ratel!!!

1 Like

If it’s baboon-proof it’s probably me-proof…but nothing is safe from the Ratel kit.

2 Likes

Seriously this section should literally be only “Honey badger don’t care it just takes…what it wants”