Creepy clown doll scares bear from garbage can scavenging

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/17/creepy-clown-doll-scares-bear.html

2 Likes

That bear is going to come back, pissed and rip that clown to pieces. Please keep the video!

10 Likes

Scared me and the bear.

13 Likes

Ditto. I knew what I was getting into when I clicked on a clown video, but I still feel for the bear.

9 Likes

5 Likes

I wonder if that’s more likely when the doll moves - like a Teddy Ruxpin or Tickle Me Elmo (both of which I would pay to see mauled by a bear).

2 Likes

Wonder if it works on Raccoons.

I take it back: I wonder how long it works on raccoons. Probably about 5 minutes.

10 Likes

FTFY :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

You sure that’s a doll? Certain enough to turn your back?

8 Likes

Is that American pissed or British pissed?

Either works.

4 Likes

Clowns are evil and horrible. Even bears agree.

3 Likes

When you come home late the doll is waiting up for you
And when you fix a snack the doll says it would like one too
The doll is in your house and in your room and in your bed
The doll is in your eyes and in your arms and in your head

4 Likes

You could also just bearproof your cans with fasteners.

But clowns work too, it seems.

3 Likes

LOL, British!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s for lazy/not very hungry/can go right to the neighbors’ can that’s not locked type bears.

I’ve seen a bear open a locked car door (and not in any subtle lock-pickey fashion). A decently sized bear can certainly pry a plastic lid apart, even if locked.

7 Likes

I like the fact that they screw the hasp down with square-drive screws, presumably in case the bear has a slotted or Phillips driver with him.

9 Likes

Probably just Canucks. They have more sensible screws than us.

They also know what comes in cans, and will smash your car window to get them.

2 Likes

The bear proof boxes work pretty well where I live, even though I’ve seen the damge done to cars, etc.

But any type of fastener strikes me as more effective than a clown decoration.

2 Likes

Bears aren’t dumb. It’s not that they can’t get into most of the things we make to keep them out, it’s that it’s just a lot of effort. When it’s easier to just go next door and raid their cans…

2 Likes

So here’s a thought. Fill trashcan-guarding clowns with Purina bear chow. Bears learn that clowns are delicious.
Now you’ve solved multiple problems!

3 Likes