Watch: After bears attempt to save cub from dumpster, cops come to the rescue with one simple tool

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/05/watch-after-bears-attempt-to.html

9 Likes

Nice!

Though round my way, the cliche was firemen using ladders to save stuck kittens.

14 Likes

Proof that not all cops are jerks. Kudos to the Tahoe PD.

7 Likes

Get a bear-proof dumpster, they said. It’ll fix the problem, they said.

8 Likes

Well, in a way, it was bear-proof. Just not in the way you would expect. The cub couldn’t get out rather than not getting in.

4 Likes

With so much inappropriate wildlife touching videos out there, its kind of refreshing to see humans approaching bears with appropriate respect.

9 Likes

Cops and bears have a longstanding bond. Just look at the Village People.

cop-bear

26 Likes

“No”, he told his fellow bears later, “It was not a miracle. God did not save me. He merely provided a ladder so I could save myself.”

9 Likes

Save cubs from dumpsters with this one weird trick. Trash collectors hate him!

4 Likes

Go camping sometime, and bring smelly food like peanut butter or pepperoni. Then watch as they figure out how to make your “bear hang” (that you spent a half hour putting up) completely useless.

6 Likes

That’s a classic clickbait thread title, by the way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a big 10-4, good buddy… looks like that pappa bear rescued one of his own, did a flip, jumped in his gumball machine and put the hammer down and got out of that nap trap…

(sorry, been listening to too much CW McCall…)

8 Likes

Yogi: Hey, Boo Boo, let’s check out that dumpster.
Boo Boo: OK, Yogi. Give me a boost…
Yogi: Sure thing, Boo Boo. Let me know if you see a pic-a-nic basket inside!
[Thumping noise as Boo Boo falls in]
Boo Boo: Aw, Yogi…this thing is empty.
Boo Boo: Yogi?
Boo Boo: Yogi, I can’t get out! Yogi, help!
[Lid of dumpster opens, ladder appears over the edge. Boo Boo emerges, and sees the cops.]
Boo Boo: Ranger Smith, dat you? You know I’m underage, right? I’ll just be going now, to catch up with Yogi. [mutters to himself] Smarter than the average bear…:bear:

7 Likes

I was going to say “Worst. Pic-a-nic basket. EVER”, but you got the Yogi Bear reference in before me. :smiley:

1 Like

Something, something, “bear in the air”.

1 Like
5 Likes

I’m not sure what I just watched, but I watched all 14 minutes of it. Thanks.

2 Likes

There is no need whatsoever to apologize for listening to CW McCall.
Also, isn’t too much CW McCall something like too much chocolate? (No such thing!)

1 Like

Wel, Black Bears Matter.

1 Like

See also- this 2012 video of the same concept:

2 Likes