A beautiful and disturbing photo essay about Florida

Originally published at: A beautiful and disturbing photo essay about Florida | Boing Boing

5 Likes

except for the gun tatted gut, these are some lovely photos. the cover photo is particularly well done - a seeming water sprite or medusa being - using the reflection of the photographer in a tide pool.
florida man banana smuggler reminds me of Sean Connery in Zardoz.
very nice collection, but i’ll not be ploppin down 50 bucks for lovely portraits of stuff i see in many everyday comings and goings.
edit: i would add that the juxtaposition of old florida and modern times is a very good exploration into what was always a fantasy versus something lost. Weston has always been a favorite photographer of mine and Ms. Samoylova is talented as well and her colors are wonderful

5 Likes

I’d love to see this, but the site is not loading for me. As someone who has to visit Florida on a regular basis to see relatives and as someone who’s not a beach person, I find it hard to see the redeeming qualities of the state.

Wait!!! The page just loaded after ~5 minutes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.