Florida Nazi arrested

Originally published at: Florida Nazi arrested | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Bored Will And Grace GIF by Cameo

20 Likes

Times change.

4 Likes

Yeah that law is pretty iffy, even though I hate Nazis.

18 Likes

You couldn’t have made the headline just a little bit more specific? There are an awful lot of people who are (or who claim they’re not but act like they are) Nazis in Florida.

9 Likes

Interesting that they specifically banned projecting messages or images onto buildings

9 Likes

The actual law doesn’t include the word “private.” 806.13

(6) A person may not knowingly and intentionally display or project, using any medium, an image onto a building, structure, or other property without the written consent of the owner of the building, structure, or property. For purposes of this subsection, the term “image” means a visual representation or likeness of a person or object, including text, graphics, logos, other artwork, or any combination thereof.

This seemingly would cover knowingly walking in front of mirrored surfaces or casting a shadow.

9 Likes

I thought this was another Trump indictment!

5 Likes

a group known as the Order of the Black Sun

I’d post the “are we the baddies?” meme but… come on. This is what I mean when I say that “everyone is the hero of their own story” is not true and there really are cartoonishly evil people who know they’re villains and just don’t care.

6 Likes

They didn’t like this…

16 Likes

My understanding is that nazis were literally doing exactly this onto a number of prominent downtown buildings in Jacksonville. Lemme see if I can turn up a link:

8 Likes
  1. Not the nazi i was initially hoping for, but every one in jail is progress to me;

and

1. so if he had obtained permission it would’ve been ok?
12 Likes

Similarly, I clicked through just to see deSatan nicked but no, not at all. Bit disappointed, to be honest.

On the bright side - one down!
:grinning:

8 Likes

Well, what did you expect? A nice Nazi?

Oh, I’ve heard some of them are “very fine people.” /s

7 Likes

So make an enormous billboard on private property, with cutouts for sunlight to pass through, and allow that sunlight to form the message on the building of choice.

Whaddyagonnado, ban the sun?

mr burns GIF

5 Likes

Probably.

I wonder which protest signs would be allowed in Florida…

Wondering Kind Of GIF by Caroline - The Happy Sensitive

6 Likes

unfortunately he probably didn’t get punched while being apprehended.

5 Likes

Order of the Black Hole Sun?
I did not expect a social group of Nazi anal enthusiasts.

2 Likes

Or Soundgarden

3 Likes

There’s an ongoing effort to project messages on to the russian embassy, so the utility of this new medium is well established by this point.

2 Likes